PayPal requests to return items and cover all delivery costs.

migrena
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have really strange situation and quite shocked how Paypal deals with as they call buyer protection. My story is quite typical: I have placed order from China manufacturer and surprise - got items in very bad condition - almost all of them have huge factory defects. By the way  a parcel is quite big -  more than 2 cubic meters (6 cubic feets) so it was delivered by see way with FOB terms&conditions. So after dispute escalated  I waited almost one month for PayPal review and now they decided that I must to return this item with tracking number  - that means parcel must be returned with standard post or courier services which in this case for me would cost much more money than I paid for items. ( in this case return cost 3 times more than items) I have tried to explain this situation for Paypal but got as I think copy paste message - items need to return and they don't care about return price. Also tried to call in Paypal phone but always got no respond.  Maybe somebody can give advice how to deal with this or share yourself experience ? Because for me seems Paypal is lost mind of logic and absolutely started to  tolerate scammers.  
I appreciate every argued answer. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Drcarr
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation. Costs more to ship back as item cost. $43. Seller wont refund shipping cost. PP says they wont. So much for buyer protection. This is my second issue that PP wont help with. The first one I didn't order or even know seller and didn't get whatever item anyway. Verified by post office. PP denied and was no help in either situation. So I am out over $150 in two weeks. Not sure what is going on with PP lately. Not sure they are even reading or looking into problems. Just blowing us off. No way to appeal a closed case. SUCKS!

Login to Me Too

migrena
Contributor
Contributor

I think they just not look in cases and resolves it only by pressing bottons without any serious reviewing. In my case I am loosing more than 1000 USD. Actually this is last time then I am using Paypal for business purposes. PayPal  services&buyer protection are not worth any penny.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.