PayPal refuses to give me a refund for items I never received

vintjabfab
Contributor
Contributor

This has been going on for a very long time.  I contacted PayPal about a transaction I made in June, of multiple items from one dealer.  When the rep looked up my transaction, I was told that there was no record of my purchase.  I gave them all the information from my bank statement, including the message saying that the transaction was authorized by PayPal, and an authorization number.  I am now unable to speak to anyone by phone.  The last human contact I had put me on hold while she looked for a supervisor.  An hour later, when it was obvious that the call was fruitless, I hung up.  Now, the computer informs me that my account can't be discussed on the phone, and it disconnects.  I am not letting this go.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?  Was it eventually resolved, or do I have to take legal action?  I'm thinking a class action suit.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kbouchey
New Community Member
I have not authorized ANY automatic payments associated with Factbook . I demand a refund on the following charges: 1FV157384G2088127-$80.61 21765[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]R-$50.00 I WILL NOT STOP DISPUTING UNTIL THESE FRAUDULANT CHARGES ARE REVERSED AND WILL TAKE TO FACEBOOK, LINKEDIN, SNAPCHAT, INSTAGRAM AND TIKTOK TO ENSURE NOONE ELSE HAS TO ENDURE THE FINANCIAL HARDSHIPS THESE CHARGES HAVE CAUSED ME.
Login to Me Too

vintjabfab
Contributor
Contributor
This is actually my post. I had hoped that someone would have some advice for me. I only use PayPal when buying on eBay. I’ve used the same account for years. My bank statement shows that PayPal authorized the transfer of $180.80 from my account There is also an authorization #. My bank investigated the transfer, at my request, and determined that transfer was properly processed at both ends PayPal is saying they have no record of the transaction. Short of legal action, what can I do to get my refund. I am unable to call customer service because when I give the computer my info, a message tells me that my account can’t be discussed on the phone, and the call disconnects. When I send a message, I am asked for the transaction confirmation # sent to me by PayPal in June - which I don’t have - and then the computer closes the conversation. I really need advice - or a lawyer who will help me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.