PayPal refund?

Rachel1238
Contributor
Contributor
How long will I have to wait? I ordered item on eBay but cancelled it seller still sent. Argos closed they sent it back been a week seller claiming he never got item yet and not refunding me how long will this take I worry as it was £140 which is a lot of money?
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rachel1238 

Based on my own understanding is that you are asking for the status of your refund? First, was there a dispute already submitted on this transaction? If yes, then you can check your email as to what is the status of the case because any updates of the case is being sent to your personal email. This link could help you checking the status of your case https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-check-the-status-of-my-dispute-or-claim-faq1852 .  Second, if there was a case already does PayPal advise you to send back the item to the seller? If yes, then you have to upload proof of postage or proof of delivery (tracking number) to our Resolution Center, in case you have not uploaded it please put the case ID on your subject line so that our back office would not have a hard time finding the documents. This link can help you in upload a document to support your claim https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-provide-additional-information-or-evidence-to-h... .  

Now if have not file a dispute yet against the merchant this link might be of help in filing dispute https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-if-i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-not-as-advertis... , and if case you wish to get hold of our customer service you may do so. However due to this pandemic (COVID19) that we are all experiencing right now, the only means to communicate with them is via Chat. How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which you could interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page their is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Hope i was able to assist you on this matter.  Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Rachel1238
Contributor
Contributor
The item went to Argos click and collect the store closed due to coronavirus ARGOS sent the item back with tracking but the tracking number never worked at my end. How can I send item back when I never received this item? Has my money been stolen by the seller?
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rachel1238 

Hope all is well on your end.  Just to answer your question " Has my money been stolen by the seller?" Well if a dispute is filed and on pending status meaning it is open, the is still on hold by PayPal so in case a dispute was filed already and decision was in your favor then money will go swiftly to your original funding source you used on that purchased.  Now if the case was decided into seller's favor then it go to the seller. However, if you have a compelling evidence in which you think might help in reversing the decision such as valid tracking number stating that it was never delivered on your address then what you will do is contact our customer service and ask for reopening of the an file an appeal.

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Rachel1238
Contributor
Contributor
I never posted the item back it went to Argos shop click and collect it was Argos who posted it back. eBay said the case was won in my favour on eBay I never received the item as it went to Argos which closed due to coronavirus was no way I could personally send it back. The case has been open a wee in now by PayPal heard nothing back my worry is they will try and steal my money? I shouldn’t have to pay for an item I have not received.
Login to Me Too

Rachel1238
Contributor
Contributor
Still I am waiting to hear about this refund. I purchased the item on 19th March this is now April 10th and eBay and PayPal have stolen my money. I have NOT RECEIVED item Argos closed so they have taken my money
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rachel1238 

Hope all is well. I'm so sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your refund.  Have you already contact your bank/card issuer about this? If not, then please contact them if they say its not yet  there, then please reach out to our customer service and check if there was really a refund that was issued by the seller. You can reach them via email or chat. All you have to do is login to your PayPal account and go to your Message Center look for the chat us option, or go to our PayPal website at the bottom click the contact option besides help, once you click  "contact" it will route you to the page that say Message Us and there should be Chat option as well. You  may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal                                           

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Note: There's a slim chance to get a timely response as we are in skeletal staff due to emergency.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful please enrich the community by giving me kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Rachel1238
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I have not been to the bank yet. However the expected case resolution is 17th April which is today still no word yet. This has now been one month for a refund which is terrible as I need this money back ASAP and PayPal and eBay have simply not helped. I also messaged on social media they did reply but again they never got back after I gave them case details. You can understand after one month of no refund and seller is ignoring my emails this is very frustrating and the lack of refunds could put people into financial hardship an item I never got ive had to pay £140 pounds for?
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rachel1238 

Thank for the swift response.  I do sense the urgency to have this resolve the soonest time possible specially now that we are experiencing hard times.  Have you tried to check the status online?  try this link https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-check-the-status-of-my-dispute-or-claim-faq1852... if this does not work please reach out to our customer service. All you have to do is go to our PayPal website at the bottom click the contact option besides help, once you click  "contact" it will route you to the page that say “Contact Us” click that and there will be options provided. 

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Rachel1238
Contributor
Contributor
I have had no luck I have been ignored now via the PayPal chat. The case was 17th delayed to 22nd now delayed until 23rd. I would just like my money back why is this being delayed on a day by day basis?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.