PayPal account locked due to website bug. Please help..

dorgg
Contributor
Contributor

Truly hope I can find some help here, as paypal customer service is almost as useless as their devs.

A while ago (as in more than a month) my business account got a message that I need to provide more info and making payments was locked. Just recently the account finally got fully locked (no in our out transfers), with no possibility to do anything about it. I'm hoping somebody here had a similar (or the same) problem and managed to get it solved. 

The company or the address info never changed. Just someone at payapl decided it was a good idea to split addresses in two fields in the database, probably to standardize things, wiping out previously valid entries for some of the users. Furthermore, company registration never changed, they just decided to change the fields in the database:

dorgg_1-1609070812462.png

I'm not going to comment on the ridiculousness of this. I've found some info we can get past this by inputting postcode in front <removed>

We then get to the real issue. The address was correct but now paypal says address for the account owner is missing some info (street name and number), due to the bright minds who changed the fields in the database.

dorgg_2-1609071298199.png

The address above I had to input manually. Notice I want to select the top person (which is just the same person). When I untick it and hit next, I then get this cute message:

dorgg_3-1609071499912.png

Seems the website really wants me to proceed by selecting the bottom entry as an account representative.

dorgg_4-1609071654855.png

As soon as I click it I get this:

dorgg_5-1609071730790.png

If we open up a console we can see this is an issue with the js.

dorgg_6-1609071985455.png

And then back to home page. I've tried all sorts of browsers obviously and called customer service multiple times.

After filing a formal complaint I got a message:

Thank you for your request to PayPal regarding restriction repeal.
This issue ( Bug ) has already been fixed please try to fill in the form again.
If you have any other questions, we will be happy to help you at any time.

Regards
A.M.
PayPal Business Customer Support

Which was not true. After explaining it was not fixed I finally got this:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

My name is M.G., I am happy to help you personally

Forgive us. Unfortunately, the issue has not yet been resolved.

As soon as the colleagues have processed your request, we will contact them via email.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
M.G.
PayPal

That was the last I've heard from them. Which as you can imagine, this "colleagues processing the request" will likely never happen. 

I'm really not sure what to do at this point. This is a business account, on which multiple subscription payments and payment receiving services depend. The negligence at paypal is just scary. Their customer support incompetence is scary. Also this is over a month now.. "Very 2020", one might say.

Hoping for some ideas and wishing happy holidays !

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.