PayPal Disputes Remain "Under Review" Despite Being Closed

pxl
Contributor
Contributor

I recently went through a tough situation with a buyer who ended up having over $5,000 in purchases disputed against me.  Most have been closed, with some going in my favor and some in his (please don't ask, I have no explanation). There are still currently two open, one being for $18.20 and one for $1,806.00. We received an email last month telling us we were covered for the $1,806.00 dispute, however it still shows as an Open dispute in our Resolution Center. And it would only make sense the same result would happen for the other, though we have had no information emailed to us or update on it since November...

A customer recently told us he couldn't use his bank as a funding source to make a purchase, and he said the PayPal representative he talked to on the phone told him it's because of "open disputes against the merchant" and that it was seen as a "risk".  How is it even fair to judge a merchant by their open disputes if PayPal is the one who takes months to resolve them? How can I get these disputes marked as "Closed"?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pxl

Contact customer service to follow up on these open cases:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

pxl
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, every time I've tried contacting PayPal, I get no response. I don't understand why. The only thing I can think of is that they're sending replies to my original email, even though I've since added a new one and set it as my primary.  I do, however, get payment notifications to the new email, just never responses to my inquiries.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.