PayPal Dispute Department is helpless and unfair

gmetals99
New Community Member

I'm a seller for this eBay transaction for the on Oct 15, 2018. Upon receiving the item, this buyer claimed with eBay that my item wasn't as described and requested for a refund. However, at the same time, eBay closed his account for potential fraudulent activity.

Then, the buyer filed a dispute directly with PayPal on Nov 7, 2018. PayPal requested the buyer to send the item back to me with tracking number which wasn't delivered to my address but to an KFC restaurant in my city

Even though I submitted my proof showing the buyer shipped item to an KFC restaurant, but PayPal still refunded the buyer and closed the case. I didn't get my item back and lost the money. This is totally PayPal's mistake.How could PayPal resolved the case in this buyer's favor without investigating and looking into my supported documents. I was on the phone with customer service every day for couple hours but it seems like the problem is still there. All I could hear everyday is that buyer did return the item to the right address which was showed only city name, state and zip code is matching; but, the actual address is an KFC.

I strongly believe this could be a new scam technique which exposes to the major loophole with PayPal.

I talked to Mr Nick (supervisor at Dispute Department) on Nov 24. He said he understand my situation and processed the refund for me and clarified that I should receive my credit back within 24 hours. However, I didn't receive any credits so I decided to call back and talked to Mr Mark (supervisor at dispute department) on Nov 25. This time, Mr Mark refused to help me no more and still decided the case in favor of the buyer.

I really don't know what to do in this case since I'm the victim of this scam pool. I do believe I'm not the only victim for being scammed by potential fraudulent buyers.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.