Pay Pal and tracking number issues and on 2 different packages

ALibby1
Contributor
Contributor

I hope that someone will be able to help me with an issue I am having. On April 16, I ordered a Composter online, and paid for it through Pay Pal.  I did not realize that it was a company from  China, I tried to cancel but it didn't go through. Within seconds the money of nearly $100 was transferred to the seller.  I never got a confirmation of the order from the seller, only paypal.  I did get an email from Pay Pal on Monday, stating that my package was delivered at 2:52 PM and left on the porch.  I do not have a porch #1. and #2 the UPS driver delivered packages in the morning. 

I reached out to the UPS driver directly and he remembers stopping at my house in the morning and delivered some other packages but none of which were a composter, and he does remember delivering to the man two packages and confirmed that it was at 2:52 pm with the same tracking number.  

I called the main office of UPS and they said that the package with the tracking number I gave them does not have my name of street address, but it was delivered in my town at the time my notification said it arrived to me. Now, my verification of the package that I ordered has my name and street address, but I never got a package. This is crazy to me.  

How can 2 packages, 2 different sellers, on 2 different continents have the same tracking number. His ( the man that go his package) was a small envelope with energy tablets weighing .8 lbs. ( which I might add is on the confirmation notice that I downloaded from UPS, with my address) 

The man that got the package, I knew, so I called him and he sent me a screenshot of his packaging with his name and address and the identical tracking number that I have on my verification.

I emailed pay pal, they put in a claim yesterday after they advised me to contact the buyer.  They buyer to date still has not responded to my email.  Pay Pal this morning cancelled my claim and said the buyer shows that the package was delivered. Yeah a package was delivered but it wasn't mine and wasn't from that seller.   

I have asked several times for Pay Pal to give me a call. I have emailed them and sent them the photos.. with no resolution.  I ordered this composter for our community gardens project for our Non Profit Organization.  I really would hate to be out $100. or should I say scammed out of $100. 

Any help would be appreciated. What would the next step be, Better Business Bureau?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

FranB4
Contributor
Contributor
Have you been on the online chat to prove what was in the tracking numbered package was not a composer?
Login to Me Too

ALibby1
Contributor
Contributor

No I have not tried that yet.  Do you think it will help?  

Login to Me Too

FranB4
Contributor
Contributor
I am going through something similar. I collected the evidence in the form of screenshots of everything, proof of PayPal info, proof of product bought, proof of tracking number, proof of item received. If you have a tracking number with somone else's name on it and it doesn't match your PayPal address, surely PayPal will see that it is not your item.
Login to Me Too

ALibby1
Contributor
Contributor

I will give it a try..  thanks for your help.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.