PP wants Proof I purchased a car before I sold it??

Benhaney
New Community Member
Hi all. Ive been using PayPal for 10+ years now and this is the first time I've ever received payment for a vehicle ive sold through PayPal. The funds for the vehicle purchased were put on a hold and PayPal wants me to supply them with a purchase receipt from my "supplier" that is dated within the last 6 months. Obviously owning the vehicle for 2+ years means i don't any kind of receipt within the last 6 months for purchasing it. And I've never been required to provide proof of purchase for any vehicle I've bought or sold before, I buy and sell and repair cars for a living and hobby. Ive had multiple transactions before for $500-3500. Some even within the past week, I use my PayPal as my normal bank account as well so its constantly used too. They also was proof of fulfillment that the "item" was sold and shipped and delivered with a tracking number. Again I obviously can't provide a tracking number when an item wasn't shipped, especially when the item in question is a whole f250 super duty long bed. Here in Kentucky we don't require bill of sales for an in-state transfer too (buyer was a ky local too) so I don't have a bill of sale. All I have is a picture of the title signed over and dated with the same date as I got payment. Any advice ? And I have another guy buying a car from me next week and he wants to pay me with PayPal as well. Don't wanna have to deal with this a 2nd time in 2 weeks. Thanks!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.