Outboard

MGardnerOR
Contributor
Contributor

I am considering a purchase of an outboard motor from [removed] and I don't know if this is a legitimate company or not? They accept PayPal but I would like some assurance that I'm not getting scammed. Plus, I read that PayPal doesn't cover refunds for boats, is that true for boat motors as well? Looking to cover all the bases before I shell out any money. I'm retired and living on a fixed income and I don't want to lose any money. Thanks,

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MGardnerOR 

Boat parts is ok as they can be shipped with tracking. Just not an actual boat. There is no 100% assurance. If there is an issue, you do have buyer protection but it does have its limitations. If circumstances call for it and upon PayPal sole discretion, you may be required to return item for a refund and is responsible for return shipping costs as PayPal cannot force seller to provide it (seller has to agree to and follow through on it) nor refund you more than what was originally paid.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Please read Buyer Protection terms:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

VTox
New Community Member
Any feedback on the website? Fake ?
Login to Me Too

joshepdave
Contributor
Contributor

SCAM. Website owner's name: KRISTIAN P SITOMPUL

He has a lot of fraudulent websites.

mtbbikesforsale
road-bike-sale
outboard-motors-for-sale
discounthockeystore
shoponlineoutboard
outboardenginestore
fishingequipmentsale
marineoutboard-motors
bestcheaphockeygear
bestroadbikedeals
oceanglobalfreight
outboardonsale
snowgearsale
discountoutboardmotors
downhillbikesforsale
mtbclearancesale
bestdiscountroadbikes

Login to Me Too

Micbelcher
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone help me track if this shop is real ? I saw the price was very cheap and accepted paypal. 

[removed]  their prices are exactly same. Is this real ?  

Thank you for help.

Login to Me Too

Micbelcher
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone help me track if this shop is real ? I saw the price was very cheap and accepted paypal. 

outboardenginesale

marineoutboardmotor

fastoutboard

outboardmotorssale

anugerahmotor 

saleoutboard

inboardenginesale
discountboatengine

their prices are exactly the same. Is this real ?  thanks for help.

Login to Me Too

SIB0303
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure if this reply is even relevant any more, however I was almost scammed by fastoutboard (on your list) After purchase this was supposedly shipped “Garuda air cargo” not a real company. Was emailed a “PDF” of a fake invoice with false tracking number. BTW address was in Norway after google mapping, I found out it was a residence not a warehouse. Next when emailing them the email was instantly bounced back to me undeliverable. Please use caution!! I, by the grace of god did not get ripped off. Maybe PayPal has gotten wise to them. Looking back some of the wording used on the web site did seem like a person without business experience. At the time I chalked it up to language barrier or translation issues. I hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

Cmd8888
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get the motor or a refund from PayPal? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.