Open dispute time frame for removal

Ncorrales
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I opened a dispute this morning and paypal declined my request. For an unauthorized charge. Now the merchant cannot cancel payment I Until dispute is removed, the dispute resolution says "closed". Any insight in how I can remove the disputem
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ncorrales,

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal. 

Regarding your concern, I am so sorry to know that you are experiencing this kind of situation. We are still here to help. To be able to get more information as to how to resolve this dispute case please contact us through the help & contact link at the bottom of any PayPal page the select the chat option.

Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Lauragail1
Contributor
Contributor
BS. Nobody but your robots are here to help us. Scam sellers now know there is nothing we can do when they send us phony stuff because a dispute was wrongly opened earlier. Once my dispute charge clears with my credit card for the seller cheating me by sending a doorbell instead of a phone, I’m closing my account. Horrible consumer protection. Going to the media on this one.
Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Ncorrales 

I hope you are well and thanks for posting.

Re your concern, if the status of the case is "Closed" then it is closed. No further action is required both on your end and PayPal's.

Please reach out back to your seller and ask for a refund. If they are still giving you a ran around, then @KGonzaga is correct. You may need to contact customer service to reopen your case.

Note: Cancelling a transaction  isn’t a feature or protection option that PayPal offers.  Instead, we offer coverage for a buyer when an item isn’t received or if received but significantly not as described.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Ncorrales
Contributor
Contributor
The seller was completely ready to issue a refund, however because of the open (note: the case indicated"closed" on PayPal site)since the seller never received a confirmation from paypal they could not issue a refund. I had to reopen a new case under a different code. And now I am stuck still waiting for both parties to communicate with each other.
Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ncorrales 

I don't know what is going on since we don't have your account pulled up. But normally, once your case is closed on your end, that is also closed on seller's end.

It is best recommended to contact Customer Service, my apology.

To get there, kindly click contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country. Since, our phone lines are currently close due to coronavirus (covid-19) emergency, you may want to send an email or go to the message center and chat with a live agent. Or, you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
Twitter: @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.