Not able to return the wrong item

excaliber8226
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered tan floor mats for my 2005 f-150.  I received gray floor mats for a 2009-2012 ford f-150.  asked for a refund from the seller and they disputed it.  Said I ordered the wrong thing.  So instead of a return, or an exchange, I am stuck with 35 dollars of garbage.  Due to the process for determining by EBAY, I will never use EBAY again.  I listed the item for resale since it is in the original box.  I have never, ever, not once, had an issue with Amazon.  I will NEVER use EBAY again.  Period. End of sentence. Complete, fini done.  Buhbye.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@excaliber8226 

ok, not sure what that has to do with Paypal though as they are 2 totally separate companies.

Have you opened a Paypal dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

excaliber8226
Contributor
Contributor

The company selling the item said I ordered the wrong thing.  PayPal took their word for it and poof - to bad for me. I'm mad at paypal because they didn't even check with me!  I didn't have any proof, but it would be nice to have been asked for my side of the story.

I threw the damn floor mats away.  38 bucks down the drain.  Poof.

thanks for your concern.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@excaliber8226 

You said above that Ebay determined the dispute, so presumably you opened an Ebay dispute.

Paypal would only determine anything if you opened a Paypal dispute.

2 separate companies with 2 separate buyer protection policies.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.