No-one wishes to help - Refund!

excalibur1814
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone,

On the 9th of July, I paid for an item using the express checkout facility of Paypal. Thankfully, I used a credit card.  The next day, ish, eBay cancelled the auction as it was a fraudulent item. Usual. Some things are too good to be true.

Paypal has stated that I have to contact my card company.
"In relation to the payment you refer to if it was not made on this PayPal account then this would be why you can not see the dispute as you and I can only view this account.      If payment was made on your card and you have been confirmed by your shopping platform eBay in this case that the payment was fraudulent I would contact the card issuer so they can chargeback the payment for you, just advise you purchased online and eBay checked out outside of your PayPal account and used your card."

eBay, on the other hand, opened a case and asked me to wait 10 days. I did. No refund as it failed. Then asked me to wait 10 further days. They promised that I would get the refund. Fair enough. I waited again.

Today:

"Hello,

Christian here from eBay customer support, I hope you're well! Thank you for your email. Unfortunately you have been advised the wrong information to recontact us. You must resolve your PayPal case/claim as their cases take priority. Once a claim is opened with them our claim/refund becomes void as we are no longer in possession of the funds which they should have advised you. You will need to contact PayPal and enquire the current status of your claim/refund"

20+ days and that's the final answer. Paypal and eBay cannot assist and I'm flat out of luck. The ONLY reason why I used express was due to the confusion of eBay forcing, ish, sellers onto their own payments system. My fault, which I accept. 

Next step... contact the card company, raise a dispute, fill in the forms and send away.  If they don't accept the case then that's £499 gone.

Why does this happen?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

excalibur1814
Contributor
Contributor

The only option I have is a chargeback.  It was a fake auction so there wasn't a seller.

Oh well. Wish me luck.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

singingwolf
Contributor
Contributor

seems like paypal is saying the transaction was not done on the account you are contacting the about. Check the receipt from paypal and login with the email address that was sent to then raise or check the dispute on that account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@excalibur1814 

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover as a guest buyer but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

excalibur1814
Contributor
Contributor

The only option I have is a chargeback.  It was a fake auction so there wasn't a seller.

Oh well. Wish me luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.