My personal account was "LIMITED" (closed) without any explanation.

Mike4422
Contributor
Contributor

I am not a business and don't use Paypal to sell anything. I've had this account for years and use it for purchases (like on Ebay, etc.) Out of nowhere, my account was closed without any explanation except that I have violated their  "Acceptable Use Policy." When I called them, they wouldn't say anything except that I can no longer use Paypal. Ever.

This is an outrage and I cannot believe any company would treat their longtime customers with such contempt. 

Can ANYONE provide any info on this?

I'm sitting here, dumb-founded. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mike4422 

Sadly not a lot you can do about it.

Paypal do not close accounts for no reason, why would they?

They want us to have and use paypal accounts as that is how they make money.

There are a zillion reasons why you could have broken their policies from accepting friends/family payments for sales to having more than one paypal account of the same type. However they never tell you the reason just that you have broken their rules.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wal54
New Community Member

Their rules change by the minute

Login to Me Too

Mike4422
Contributor
Contributor

That would be okay, if they at least give you a chance to fix whatever you've apparently done. Instead, they simply say, "you're out and don't come back." How can any business operate this way?? I'm still stunned by this. I've had store credit cards canceled for lack of use, etc., but they would welcome me back any time. 

Login to Me Too

Mike4422
Contributor
Contributor

I have searched the rules several times and cannot find ANY violation.  If I have unknowingly done something, is it so egregious that I am banned forever? The language they use is like I'm a criminal, and yet I have NO IDEA what I've done!  Isn't it possible that they've made a mistake or that my account was hacked?  They offer no way to rectify/fix/explain/repair this issue. Just, "We don't want you back." I am a PayPal customer for many years, and this is upsetting and insulting. I guess some companies get so big they don't need the "average Joe" anymore. It is simply outrageous.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.