My account has been restricted

tanyacasey25
Contributor
Contributor

Today, my account randomly got restricted, and Im not sure why. Im up to the step of supplying receipts from a "supplier". But I don't have anything like that as I don't sell anything, I only use PayPal to buy thing. I have been on the phone for 4 hours waiting to speak to someone but i need to go out soon so ill have to hung up and I don't know what to do. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

AsunaEclipse
Contributor
Contributor

mine also got randomly limited its happening to alot of people.. im guessing its a paypal outage or something i have also been on the phone for 4.5 hours straight all we can really do is wait but its just a disgrace paypal should atleast say something.. i use paypal for literally everything so we should deffinately get some kind of compensation for this

Login to Me Too

tanyacasey25
Contributor
Contributor

It's rubbish, the 9th of October must be the day for restricting people, Im in Melbourne Victoria and  nothing is open buying online is the only way and now I can't. like how long do you leave your phone on hoping for someone to help you .

Login to Me Too

TamaraG24

Yep completely agree!! I'm also in Melbourne so in the boat as you... 

I just got hung up on!! Had been on hold for 2 hours and it just cut out on me 😞 

Login to Me Too

tanyacasey25
Contributor
Contributor

Ive been on the phone for 4 hours and 7 mins I don't know if ill ever get though. But what else can be done............. nothing as the steps to lift the restrictions can't be filled out if you don't have it. I only buy things not sell things. I don't have supplier receipts 

Login to Me Too

sergiodv
Contributor
Contributor

Same here Tanya. In Melbourne as well and I bought stuff on eBay and I can’t pay for it. How the hell are we supposed to provide receipts of invoice we sell when we don’t sell. I sold 2 old things sitting in my garage 5 or 6 months back and that’s all I ever sold. It’s crazy that they have restricted my account without even being notified.

ive been on the phone since 10am. At the time the gave me the option for them to call back and when they did, I just sat on hold until I hung up. I have tried calling gaain and again ,but I am now on hold for nearly 2 hours.

Login to Me Too

TamaraG24

I've had this same thing happen today... and i'm stuck on the exact same thing! I only use paypal to securely purchase things...

I've also been stuck on the phone to them...

Login to Me Too

tanyacasey25
Contributor
Contributor

why has it happened to so many people on the 9th October. It needs to be fixed. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.