Missing Payment

thechubakabra
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I sent $2200 NZD from my NZ Paypal (after waiting 3 weeks for account verification because it was coming from a UK PayPal) to my Kiwibank account, and it has been almost three months, and PayPal can't find the transaction nor will admit fault for this missing transaction. Kiwibank finally found the transaction and said they PayPal sent it to the wrong account number, an account number that is nowhere near the same as mine. They sent it to an account number which was not valid, therefore it was sent back to PayPal and Kiwibank has limited info on the transaction, only that it was returned on X date with X payment title.

I've sent numerous messages to PayPal and they are absolutely useless. They keep telling me to wait while the relevant department looks into it, and then I'll get some random person checking into the case they are not familiar with and claiming they cant find the transaction. It's a heck of a lot of money and to have both PayPal and Kiwibank claim they don't have it is very unsettling. PayPal won't just give me a refund and allow me to sent to another bank account. 

Any advice? Help?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.