Minor on PayPal Banned and Scammed

max1896
New Community Member

Hey there,

I am a minor and I recently sold something on gumtree. The buyer wanted to use Paypal and I had no idea how and what it is. I made an account in 2017 with an exaggerated age (30/06/1997). I am actually, however, a minor. I received the payment from the buyer to my Paypal and all was good. I then learnt that I could send the money from the Paypal to my bank account. I then entered the details and attempted to do so. Paypal deposits two small payments into the bank account to confirm it's yours. However, they sent four instead of two. This caused me to fail the verification due to me entering the wrong sequence of deposits. BECAUSE THEY SENT FOUR INSTEAD OF TWO!!! I then tried over and over to reenter my bank details to transfer my money into my bank, but a statement would pop out onto the screen saying that there is an error and try again later. I then contacted support via the message centre and they said wait 48 hours then try again. I messaged three different people working at Paypal and all they told me to do is wait 48 hours. Even waiting these days it kept popping up error. All of a sudden a message popped up on my Paypal page stating that you need to confirm the account by the 17th of August, 2020 or limitations would be applied to your account. I started entering my details and so then the proof of identity page popped up. I had to enter my DOB and give a real example (passport, birth certificate, etc) to confirm my account. As I stated before, I am a minor and I read an article online of something similar that happened to a minor trying to do this part on Paypal. In summary, his account got banned. I, of course, did not want my account banned too. So I went back to the message centre and wrote another message stating blatantly I am a minor and I just want to transfer my money into my bank account. A nice lady responded and told me to just submit a document and my account would get frozen and I could come back to it when I'm 18. Before I could do as the lady said my account got straight up banned and I can't do anything with it. I tried going back to the message centre to re-read what the lady said, but I can't even do that. I am aware I violated the terms and conditions about the age but I was young and dumb creating my account at a young age and I simply just wanted to put my money onto my bank account. There is no way I can do anything and now I can't access the money I earned by selling something online. What do I do now? How am I supposed to access my money now or in the future? It would be great if there was some clarity. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.