Locked account

George_Medlin
Contributor
Contributor

I rarely use PayPal but it is needed from time to time. I will be glad when the older websites that require it get with the times, but for now it is needed. today I get the following email, keep in mind that I haven't used the account in months however there is a balance. the balance is from sales made on websites some months back. Now the $29. is really not an issue but I do have an issue with them just locking my account and locking up my money for no apparent reason.  Paypal can keep the $29 if they really need it that bad but I would like to have a chance to at least see what the issue is with the account. Of course, no one is available to talk about it.

After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we detected that this account that this account was engaged in activity to deceive PayPal and its customers.

You'll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal.

This will apply to all existing and future cases you receive.

Any bank or credit card information that's linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be added to another account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive money.

If you have funds in your PayPal balance, we'll hold it for up to 180 days. After that period, we'll email you with information on how to access your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@George_Medlin 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@George_Medlin 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.