Limited PayPal account been way longer than 180 day!.

Robbie1972
Contributor
Contributor

Frustrating enough that my PayPal account is permanently limited and I recieve an email saying I can no longer do business with PayPal and if I have funds in my account (Which I have) I have to wait 180 days to withdraw it out!. The wait time is ridiculous enough. My account got limited because I was getting too much funds sent from my family member.... They wouldn't let me know why my account was limited and after researching I found out for myself. I had $100 sent from my grandparent a few times and that was it!. I kept my money in my PayPal as I thought it would be safe but not at all!.

Anyways I revived the email saying I have to wait 180 days to withdraw my funds on the 1st October 2019. I still haven't received an email from PayPal about my funds yet!. I tried contacting them through phone but their phone lines are not available due to Covid-19 and I tried to contact them through Message center. It's been a week and no one is answering!!!!. I messed them again today and only got a reply from a bot. I can't live chat with them for some reason!. I got told by a friend he can live chat them fine!!. I figured out I can't live chat them because my account is permanently limited. WHAT CAN I DO?. GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!. WHY IS PAYPAL BEING SO COMPLICATED?. Small businesses still have live support it makes me sick that PayPal can't even have 1 person answering the phone. Oh I know why.... They love to hold our money and they're taking the Covid crisis to their full advantage the scums...

My brother who lives abroad is not very well due to HIV and now hes found out he has lung cancer. I would like to send him money but I can't as am out of work due to the Covid-19 and I only have enough to support myself and my family.
I shouldn't have to be waiting so long for my own money and not even get what I was promised by PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pmmarw
Contributor
Contributor

Send them final message with a complaint - they will most likely copy-paste you the standard "your account is limitted" information. You can them make an official complaint to Financial Ombudsman Service (the case will likely take weeks, if not months). You can also send a direct complaint to their regulator in Luxembourg CSSF.

I have no idea why Paypal is allowed to behave in such way. No banks can do that, whereas Paypal can - they just limit the account based on their made up risk tools and any possible suspicious activitiy or "bad behaviour" with your account. They are allowed to freeze people's money, without even giving interest on it. How are they allowed to provide a business like that with thousands of similiar issues all the time?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.