Limitation and subsequent closure

0486Real
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an iPhone on eBay due to an unforeseen cash flow issue which needed to be rectified as I have 4 Hungary children Upon sale of the phone the funds were not placed on a hold by eBay and showed immediately in my account as available however my account had been placed on a limitation and I could not send money to my wife to go food shopping and I could not withdraw to get fuel to travel home and ended up stuck 100 miles away from home for the hole weekend with a distraught wife and kids I responded to the limitation requests with photo ID and called to explain I didn’t have a receipt for the phone as we don’t keep receipts for everything we own which they accepted The limitation was lifted on Monday morning and I had an email stating I had full use of the account again but when I tried to send money to my wife once again it would not let me despite the limitation being lifted however it would let me withdraw to my account which it said takes 2 hours however when I auctioned the transfer I had a message to say it would take up to 72 hours as additional checks were required I was told by a manager he could transfer a maximum of 150 to another PayPal account from his end to help out with the food and fuel situation while the situation was resolved as he felt it was a technical error but to do that he would have to stop the transfer which I asked him not to do until I called back with details of another PayPal Once I had these details I logged in to check the status of the transfer to find he had stopped it and returned it to PayPal despite my request not to only now I found my account to be once again under limitation now requesting shipping details I spent an hour on hold to talk to someone for them to tell me that no manager would have advised they could move funds to another PayPal as such things can’t be done and they would not lift the limitation until shipping details were provided I immediately put the shipping details online and was told by the next advisor I would have to wait for up to 72 hours for the money to be released but they said it’s rain for it to take this long This morning i logged in to check the status to have a message saying I no longer have use of my account and they have begun the closure of my account and they would be holding funds for a minimum of 180 days when I called and explained I had done what was requested the advisor took the information of shipping again and said they would contact me once delivery of the item is complete and would not review it before even though the day before an advisor has stated once tracking was uploaded they would review the limitation and have it removed providing the tracking number was valid which was confirmed by an advisor today This payment was not on an eBay hold it was placed on hold by PayPal them selfs and I feel this to be a misuse of power I have been spoken to Ridley by every customer service rep and we had to spend the last of our cash to post the item which was reserved for essentials like milk/bread which I stated to the advisor when they told me to ship it and they assured me there would be no issues once shipping details were uploaded I would like to no how PayPal think they can treat ppl like this it’s one thing being safe and protecting buyers which is acceptable but the support for the seller is questionable why should we be without funds while the buyer is entitled to have the goods then if they don’t state it’s been received we have to be without funds until PayPal deem it ok to release it These are our goods we are selling And when it’s a personal sale most of the time it’s being sold because money is tight this kind of situation doesn’t incourage people to sell using PayPal and I shall be looking for alternatives PayPal’s reason today for this situation is that the item was sold below market value which is suspicious ..... it’s not I just spent all my money on a funeral and need to feed my family until payday Has anyone else had this much drama and who can I go to to report this as I feel something needs to be done

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

aqua127
New Community Member

PAYPAL EMPLOYEES ARE LEGALLY RETARDED, THE ONLY HIRE PEOPLE WITH LITTLE OR NO EDUCATION. THEY HAVE THE MENTALITY OF A DEMOCRAT , IQ OF 80 OR LESS AND YOU COULD BE CEO OF DIMWIT PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

0486Real
Contributor
Contributor
I really wanted to click the button that says accept this as a solution 😂😂😂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.