Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

Sassylynzey
Contributor
Contributor
Yesterday PayPal did close my claim in my favor. Refunded me but can’t touch the money cause my accounts are froze. Plus I had a lot more happen....... I had to lock my banking account file for new card. I received a letter from fed ex that I owed for delivery in Florida. I live in Indiana they said the package was shipped out of Oklahoma and I sent it or bought it online. I asked what was the package was for fed ex fraudulent service told me it was for an IPhone 11 so now there putting phones in my name and shipping them and charging me. I have also 3 other charges on my bank account. Yes best thing to to do is check your credit and turn off cards and change your passwords. I still have the letter from fedex just Incase. They closed it as fraud. It gave a mans name and address on the bill that he received the iPhone he was from Miami Florida. This one transaction has made my life very difficult especially this holiday Season trying to buy for my three children while my banking account is frozen. Kind of hard to explain to my 5 year old my account was hacked mommy can’t buy Christmas because she believes in Santa. I hope whomever these people are that are scamming get one hell of a felony charge. They actually ruined my children’s Christmas.
Login to Me Too

Msmarsbar
Contributor
Contributor
THIS SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME SAME SELLER USED DISCOVER ... I’ve been back forth with pay pal and discover no one will help claims denied !!! What’s going on it’s crazy ... going to post office am . They did not charge my discover card with anything else yet . I will cancel thank u . Pay pal and discover are useless ! I’m so angry I could spit nails . I’ve been dealing with this two weeks why can’t they **bleep** down this seller ??? Why won’t pay pal and discover realize it’s a scam ???
Login to Me Too

gperc5
Contributor
Contributor

over 50 complaints now

Login to Me Too

brwrboyz1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you claim with Paypal?  I did and after I got proof from the post office for the tracking information, they still denied my request for refund because the "seller says the package was delivered".  The shipping label has a completely different name, address and it is in an envelope that would in now way fit what I ordered.  I was extremely upset.  Livid really.  I have emailed the "seller/scammer" three times of course NO answer.  I did call Paypal and told them what is going on and they are going to "review" it (picture of the shipping label that was attached to the "package").  I really hope this works in my favor.  

Login to Me Too

Gailmarks18
Contributor
Contributor
I didnt even recieve the package that was only 1oz even though it shouldve been like 50 pounds! Post office had address right and tracking but I dont even have it...paypal is no help really and I'm annoyed because I thought it was "safe"why are they offering thier service on this site?! Its clearly a scam site!
Login to Me Too

brwrboyz1
Contributor
Contributor

After a phone call last week to PP, about 4-6 emails with the evidence proving that this seller was a scammer, and another call this morning, I was told that they have approved my appeal and sided with me. 

I also pointed out that there is a forum thread going on of how this seller scammed many people out of money and suggested they get a department that monitors their own community forums for stuff like this.  I also suggested that they ask for hard proof from the sellers when they claim that the package shipping label was correct and so was the tracking number, not to just rely on their verbal confirmation.  The Seller Protection policy that PP has in place was clearly violated in action item #1 which I pointed out to them too. 

But I was told this morning that they did send the seller's information (I dealt with Yang Lei) to the fraud department for review (too bad it is a tad too late).  But I was refunded the money per the PP activity page.  I am waiting for the funds to be in the bank still.  But i am sure because I had the proof they could not refute, and I was very persistent (and very upset), I think that is probably the ONLY reason I was refunded.  

Login to Me Too

Edcase88
Contributor
Contributor
I live in a small town. I've waited for my "package" to be delivered. As expected PayPal denied my claim. The post office knows where the fake letter went so I'm hopefully going to get it recovered. Gathered with the USPS print out I'll follow up with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Keesantiago77
Contributor
Contributor
Well PayPal denied my claim just appealed because I rec’d an email stating my item was delivered & it was not. I’ve noticed they have another website their scamming ppl out of money it’s morclothes.com so please DO NOT order anything from these ppl. Sorry that this has happened to myself & others but extremely upset with PayPal because I’m sure it’s been brought to their attention of this scam by many others. Just don’t know how they can get away with this just taking ppl hard earned money. I’ve informed my bank as well so hopefully I can get my money back but a lesson learned for sure.
Login to Me Too

Johnnygeep
Contributor
Contributor

Go to your Post Office with the tracking number, tell them you were scammed and ask for a printout of the full tracking report.  It will show the actual delivery address and the weight, usually one (1) ounce.  Take the report, scan it to an electronic document like a pdf.  Now you can open a "claim" with PayPal.  

@Johnnygeep

Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
I did that and they still refused me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.