Kicked Off

afercho
Contributor
Contributor

I've been kicked off of Paypal and I have no idea why.  How do I find out?  I've had my account since 2001.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@afercho 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

However they do not ban you for 0 reason, that would be counter productive as they want folks to open and use paypal accounts as that is how they make their money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

afercho
Contributor
Contributor

They kicked me off for no explained reason and they're keeping my money.  I would like to find out why.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@afercho 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

So if you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

afercho
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to know what they thought I did.  My ban seems arbitrary and capricious.

Login to Me Too

afercho
Contributor
Contributor

So, they kicked me off while I still had active auctions.  The people that won the auctions are trying to pay and they can't.  What the hell?!?  Can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.