Keidson Scam

Barrie5

I have purchased 5 "2003 U.S. Silver Dollars" from this company which turns out to be located in China.  They took over 2 months to arrive (after I escalated to a dispute with PayPal).  When the items arrived they were not American Silver Eagles.  These tokens are 2/3 the size of the real thing, and definitely not silver; rather some lighter "base metal.  I filed another dispute, and PayPal "pushed' the resolution of the dispute down the calendar several times.   No live person to talk to.  What next?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

stuter1765
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know why Paypal, Facebook, twitter or any other platform doesn't do something to prevent us from being scammed?  If you have a complaint that is verified, why not warn customers that the seller has prior complaints before the buyer presses the pay button.  Or better yet, why not ban the seller from using your platform?  Why, because they get money with each transaction!  They lose money if they actually ban the person. STOP ALLOWING USERS TO BE SCAMMED!

Login to Me Too

stuter1765
Contributor
Contributor
I have said that over and over again. This keidson person has a history of scamming people and PAYPAL does nothing. It is time we hold these mega companies accountable! Being in Cyber Security i know what can be done to stop them, yet paypal, facebook, instagram and twitter do NOTHJNG to stop users from being scammed.
Login to Me Too

stuter1765
Contributor
Contributor
Reply to PAYPAL...NOT SOLVED! I hold paypal responsible!
Login to Me Too

RKPATTILLO
New Community Member
Whatever app that run these advertisements should be responsible also there allowing it and they know There scammers Thieves.
Login to Me Too

Donrduncan
Contributor
Contributor

These are greedy companies making money off these scams.  It will never change.  I will not order anything off facebook anymore.

Login to Me Too

thedealtoday
Contributor
Contributor
why does paypal, facebook, twitter, instagram and other platforms allow this to happen? anyone have any theories? not like i need another reason to hate them but i'd love to hear others' thoughts on this
Login to Me Too

cddominguez

I am extremely disappointed with my order. I paid 109.95 for  a giant screen and a projector to play movies, TV shows and sports games. I was really excited. I received it and the screen was just a large piece of white cloth and a **bleep** $20 projector that will mirror my cellphone for few minutes and then will go black and do nothing else. Haven't been able to mirror any movie or program. It is a clear scam. I already emailed them and requested my full refund 

Look at the pictures attached. Look at the advertisement. It just doesn't work. 

I hope paypal do the right thing, refund my money and remove this fraud companies from their supplier list. 

projector1.jpgprojector2.jpg

Login to Me Too

jrmclain
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, many PayPal customers are falling victim to the Keidson fraud - sadly, during the peak holiday shopping season.  The following link has a good bit of background information on the scam operated by Keidson and a suggested process on how to address it with PayPal as well as get a full refund without the cost of shipping.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Keidson-Scam/m-p/2498343/highlight/true...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.