Keidson Scam

Barrie5

I have purchased 5 "2003 U.S. Silver Dollars" from this company which turns out to be located in China.  They took over 2 months to arrive (after I escalated to a dispute with PayPal).  When the items arrived they were not American Silver Eagles.  These tokens are 2/3 the size of the real thing, and definitely not silver; rather some lighter "base metal.  I filed another dispute, and PayPal "pushed' the resolution of the dispute down the calendar several times.   No live person to talk to.  What next?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barrie5 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Sadly paypal are inundated with buyers that have bought from them so you may need to wait it out until they get around to your turn in the queue.

I hope you have activated the below link in case you win but have to return the item first.........

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-on-a-paypal-return-faq3544?app=s...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barrie5 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Sadly paypal are inundated with buyers that have bought from them so you may need to wait it out until they get around to your turn in the queue.

I hope you have activated the below link in case you win but have to return the item first.........

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-on-a-paypal-return-faq3544?app=s...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Damarco4u
New Community Member

I purchased a wireless keyboard that resembles an old school typewriter with sleek gold rimmed keys for $60. I was sent a cheap, standard keyboard that could be acquired anywhere for about $5. 

I went through PayPal using my debit card and every time I've tried to get help, I keep getting sent to the page to select the transaction that was problematic and the transaction is not even listed! I can't talk to a person, can't even interact online!

I called the bank issuer of the debit card and they suggested I contact PayPal, to which I said, "I could have tea with the Queen easier than I could get through to PayPal," and the woman laughed and said that was a problem she was encountering from a lot of customers. She is filing a complaint for me to get the money back. 

So, guess who is going to be used only in emergency purchases in the future? 

Login to Me Too

Donrduncan
Contributor
Contributor
  • The same thing happened to me.  Purchased a $65.95 keyboard and got a tiny cheap one instead.  Keidson will give me a 25% refund.  I laughed at that offer.  Probably won’t get any kind of refund.
  • Don R Duncan
Login to Me Too

MalinNyköping
New Community Member

Same thing happend me to, (but I was only offered a 15% refund).

They said it was a good deal for me, and if i didn't want the product I coud give it to someone as a gift or sell it...

Escaleted the matter at PayPals resolution center today and is hoping for help.

The only consern I have is that the resolutinon center tends to have (based on earlier experiences) quite short notice on when that they want answers to something, and if they don't get response before their said date they close the matter and consider it done with no possibility to open it again.

Login to Me Too

Krystof09
Contributor
Contributor

Hi
I fell for the same scam.

sounds its a waste of time waiting to request resolution from PayPal. Disappointed 

Same as you no more purchases from social media ads. 
so far Ebay and Amazon have delivered as expected.

will use PayPal,as last resource. If ever.

thank you for your post, saved me some time and effort.
cheers

Login to Me Too

hiram392
Contributor
Contributor

I, too purchased an old school typewriter style keyboard.

THIS IS WHAT I ORDERED

This is what I orderedThis is what I ordered

THIS IS WHAT I RECEIVED

This is what I receivedThis is what I received

I tried for three or four days to get them to either credit my account or send me what I ordered.  They offered me a 10% discount, then a 15% discount, then a 25% discount.  I told them it was their mistake and to send me documentation to return item.  They continued to tell me I would have to return at my expense.  I kept telling them it was their mistake and to man up and either correct it, pay for return postage, or return payment to my PayPal account.  Their responses seem to mirror what others are seeing.  Fly by night outfit.  I have turned this over to PayPal for resolution.  Am awaiting their response.  Side note...ordered the correct keyboard from Office Depot and had it the next day.  Let the buyer beware!

Login to Me Too

KRW234
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a false arm dinosaur puppet for $60 and received a $5 plastic dinosaur wrapped in a plastic bag from a California address. I was led to believe it was a USA product. The solution with the resolution center was to send the product back to China and the address I was given to return it was written in Chinese and I needed to send it packaged better than it was sent to me. The cost to do this is more than the product itself. I’m sorry that I was not aware of this company and I trusted it because of being able to use PayPal. Very frustrated over this issue but will try and make others aware of this fraud.
Login to Me Too

stuter1765
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL IS A GARBAGE COMPANY JUST AS ALL SOCIAL MEDIA SITES.  THEY ALLOW USERS TO BE SCAMMED AND DO NOTHING TO ENSURE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY IS NOT SPENT WITH REPEAT KNOWN SCAMMERS. THEY CAN STOP THE SCAMMERS, BUT THEY DON'T.  THEY DON'T BECAUSE THEY MAKE MONEY OFF EVERY TRANSACTION WE AS USERS MAKE.  NORMALLY THEY MAKE A % OFF THE TRANSACTIONS SO THE MORE YOU ARE SCAMMED, THE MORE THEY MAKE!

Login to Me Too

Jbird801
Contributor
Contributor
I bought items that paid out to Keidson. I am concerned because this was an ad on Instagram and I believe that I got scammed. I need a refund as soon as possible.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.