Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD

abb2806
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a drone from an add on Facebook from Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD. It looks like this site is a complete scam from all reports I can see on the internet. Do I have recourse to go after Facebook for allowing their site to be used by known scammers? As well does PayPal have any responsibility as they continue to provide a service to a known and documented scammer?

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

ChristianSEU

I never received my super drone for 149,99 US and When I'm trying to be in contact with this company I never received an answer. So I made a complaint to PayPal and and strange after all the same day PAypal can give me an answer from the Ivory Tech Tower. They say The item was shipped and I will receive it.

After weeks no news and PayPal was one more time able to have an answer from Ivory.

I just think Pay pal has a lot of interest in that kind of fraudulous merchandising. Just money and nothing else How much do they have for each fraudulous transaction?

Login to Me Too

SUTOR5
Contributor
Contributor

This company is a professional scham operation.  They shipped me a piece of foam.  I refused the pkg and pay pal won't refund my $200 because I can't prove it was returned.  They refuse all returns of the worthless crap they ship.  They have intimate info on Pay pals dispute amd refund policys.  Paypal is litterly helping them steal from their members by ignoring the numerous complaints.  If I would have purchased this item with a credit card I would have much more leverage.  I am schocked there has not been a class action law suite.

Login to Me Too

sitedesigner
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it's quite clear that Paypal does not want to fix this issue!!! And it keeps happening to poor people. I finally gave up and just threw my package away, even after I paid over $75 to ship it back to China... it got sent BACK again!! *ARGH* 

The time and effort it would take to get my $275 back is just proving to be utterly impossible!!

Login to Me Too

james6100
Contributor
Contributor

Wronged
Contributor
Contributor

My case is with the same company, different product (and there are others out here), and different identity initially.  Again, same scenario.  Paid for quality item (with actual photos from brand name site) and received knock off, cheap, no name or brand of any kind.... no tag on item.  The company responded to a personal email maybe not knowing this company with contact info was listed and gave another to paypal for return and reimbursement.  Impossible to return.  Just over $30 requested reimbursement, but would take 84 with tracking to get back.  But without it, paypal won't reimburse, so stating that you are covered from the get go is my biggest issue.  Just go straight to your bank/merchant guys, safest way.. and I will be moving all business from Paypal because it's pointless without an ebay purchase.   Of course assured paypal's security team would still be investigating but no information whatsoever as so how, when, or whether I would even be notified of resolution.   And yes, the variety of cultures world wide involved in Paypal's customer service does alarm me, given the last representative seemed not concerned at all with the advice she was giving me.  There is no where on your dispute to add additional research you've found, but I got an address to send information if anyone cares to know it is available, but I cannot include in this thread I got an error trying to post & paypal told me to take it out.  ha... even more reason to leave. But it is available if you yell at them loud enough so just ask.  For me the additional info found (I had to stop my eyes were sore having to search & translate pages) includes 2 company names (at least), a ton of customer service emails (half of which are not valid), addresses that are different between website/online searches/emails.... not to mention the mass amount of companies listed under the parent, contact info from personal email to paypal return process, and phone numbers that no one answers or in China which we won't call anyway, one on the site being in the US at an apt in Delaware no one answers, another address in Ohio, but the shipment and return address (2) being from China.  The thing that bugs me the most is Paypal's instruction giving the English translated address I am being told to ship back to for my dispute, differs from the Chinese address just above it, that if you google & translate, Paypal has altered the zip code by 12 digits.  I Just wanted to note all this given I found this thread via the company listed on my personal email (Ivory Tower Tech Co) in Shenzhen City, but the company requesting return for my case is Shanghai Miaoheng Technology Co., Ltd.  or SHMH Technology Co., Ltd in Shanghai.   It's no wonder there are onging trade wars.  And companies like this are not actually investigated and shutting down anything.  Just don't bother with any dispute from China out here, really.  Just don't do it.  Go to your merchant, and/or first of all just google the company with every purchase you are contemplating first, if not established in the US.  None of it is worth it.  I've spent 5 times what I want to be reimbursed in the time I could have been working, and hassle providing info, phone calls, trips to the post office, etc.  Not to mention these companies take a month to get your item to you but you are expected to get back to them in a couple weeks or less.  It's impossible & paypal knows I am pretty sure of that now.  Why would you be shocked if I give you fraudulent addresses and contact information if you are editing it before you give to me anyway?  You'd think they would want our business but bottom line, it actually is other countries who benefit from using the service.  Something to think about though.  I'm copying & blasting this all over every dispute forum I can find for at least these 2 companies.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.