Issue With eBay Return Request

Devlin2017
Contributor
Contributor

So I have recently purchased an item off of eBay and it arrived damaged.  I have contacted the seller and they said that they would accept the return after I use the return request.  When I select it, it says that I paid via PayPal guest which I didn't even know was possible.  It is saying I have to go through PayPal Resolution Services to get it resolved, but I have no idea what that means.  I just need to get the prepaid shipping label from the seller so I don't need to pay for the return shipping.  If there is any way this is possible or if anyone has any ideas that would be great!  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Devlin2017

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.