International Buyer says "Item not as Described" w/ No Delivery yet

Darcizzle

I shipped an International package to the United Kingdom with online tracking form the US. The buyer then contacted me an asked why there are additional charges in order to have the package delivered. Buyer is complaining about import fees/duties that I have no control over. I directed the buyer to my INternational Shipping Policy which explains that the buyer is responsible for additional import fees that may or may not be applied to the package. The buyer demanded to know why he was asked to pay more and refused to pay the additional funds. Therefore, the package remains at the post office for pickup until the buyer pays the fees (which I have no control over). The buyer the filed a dispute & escalated the claim against me, stating "Item not as Described" after I told the buyer how INternational shipments work. And yet the buyer physically does NOT have the package yet. This is not my fault and the items shipped were "custom items" that are not returnable.  

What should I do? Will Paypal rule in the buyer's favor if I provide the online tracking, my emails to the buyer and my shipping policy? Please help! Has this happen to anyone else? The package will just sit at the post office and will not be returned me because the buyer is refusing to pay import fees. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.