Incorrect Account Limitation with no Resolution

Savlrpcrepair
Contributor
Contributor
First off I am baffled at this situation. I have been using PayPal to sell on eBay regularly and then out of nowhere a limitation occurs. The problem is that is based on an account that has nothing to do with me.I separated from my husband a years ago and apparently within the last several months he has carried a negative balance with PayPal. My name, SSN or any other information had been connected to his account.I called collections to see how much he owed and to figure out why it ould affect me. They wouldn't even tell me the balance or pertinent info because besides the fact that we shared a last name it had nothing to do with me. I used my married name when I created the account and have submitted info and proof that we sperated and my name had changed but feel like I have gotten no where. I have a perfect selling record and now PayPal has $1000 of mine possibly tied up for 90 days if they can't correct an error made by them. Is there any escalated support or any other resources besides email and customer service. I've called twice and this is not acceptable. Thanks. BTW this kind of seems illegal, they should of course be able to decline me as a member of they want but not be able to hold my funds if there was no dispute or problem.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.