I was subject to a fraud, I am not able to appeal Paypal decision after they closed the case

ayasaad
Contributor
Contributor

I was subject to a fraud online advertisement from a Chinese company. They were advertising for a foldable table that costs 32$ but they sent a placemat that costs less than 1$. I issued a case and refused the offer to get half of the money because the item sent was really cheap! I have checked online how much it costs and it was 85 cents.

So the decision was to sent the item back "on my expenses" and the sender sent missing information. They didn't provide a contact information nor a phone number - both are mandatory in the form to send the item and get a tracking number.

I tried to contact Paypal through both replying to <removed> and the messaging center detailing the case. I have attached images of the item I received, the form that needs to be filled with the mandatory fields. When the message is sent through the browser it says that they will reply within 24 hours. However I didn't get any reply. Paypal closed the case and I'm not able to appeal, the decision is for the favor of the seller and no refund was issued. There is no appeal button as per recommended in the help center from Paypal. 
I wish this seller gets punished, banned and stopped from doing such unethical actions. 
How can I appeal on the decision and get my money back?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.