I was scammed by seller, opened a claim, and paypal isn't helping to resolve issue. PLEASE HELP ME.

Cheetah2210
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered my son's christmas gift from a website that boasted paypal as a method of payment.

$169.99 Nintendo Switch refurbished console (great deal)!  I check reviews of the site and find no negatives...

so I ordered the item.... and then waited.   

I waited and never received the order.  11-13-19, contacted seller....

Sellers contact information is fake!!!  I contact paypal...

I opened a case and call paypal. (45 mins on phone)  and wait.

I escalated the case 11-14-19.  Estimated resolution of case 11-25-19 (50 mins on phone)

The day they demanded the seller's response they added a tracking number....finally.

So I waited, and waited.  11-23-19 I get notified by informed delivery item left in mailbox, and I'm thinking no way that should fit in the mailbox.  What on earth is going on?  I go to the mailbox...

I pull out this tiny envelope with the tracking number the seller provided in the claim.

I open it and there is a tiny little EMPTY faux metal box. 

This isn't a nintendo system at all.  This is a nightmare.  I call paypal. 11/23/19 (58 mins on phone total)

Paypal says to send photos of the empty box and envelope.  So I send photos.  File Too Large it says, so I photo of tiny envelope next to tiny empty box, then a close up of the labels separately.  Confirmed that paypal received the photos.  Then they said to wait for seller's response.   Estimated case resolution 11/25/19

11/24/19 seller offered a partial payment....  $120.00 of the $169.00   for an empty little box? UMMMM NO.

Offer declined 11/24/19  case resolution estimate now 11/27/19. 

I'm thinking well at least it will be resolved by 11/27/19 and I'll go to an actual store to purchase this and never buy online again...And then...

11-27-19  I received the Email stating need buyer response.  What?  I go to resolution center on paypal. 

It states:

Please provide the following on or before December 04 2019  

- CWB for the Gov Law

(Estimated wait on case resolution is now 12/9/19) by the way.

What the heck is a CWB for gov law?  I go to google.... and find NOTHING.  What on earth do they want?

11/27/19 - I call paypal.  Wait 45 min to speak to agent, get connected finally and then, disconnected.   Call again wait 35 to speak to rep.  

What is this thing you need from me????  I need to show that I received an tiny envelope with a tiny empty box.  Also provide a document from usps proving that as well.  A police report, and then she says she can't really tell me what the document is or what it contains....

Me now in tears and fully frustrated...I sent the emails with photos the MOMENT I got the envelope.  How do I get this resolved in a timely manner so I can get my money back to actually buy his gift????  I am not rich this is a large amount of money for me and this is my autistic son's ONLY Christmas gift that we now may not get the money back in time to even try to get elsewhere. 

11-27-19  I call my local post office who informs me that the postmaster is the only one that MIGHT be able to assist me, okay please direct me to him...  He's out until the end of next week...  What what can I do?  I need this document that they want, please.

11-27-19  I call the USPS Customer care center.  robot directions (15min) (45 min wait for representative.)  Same response your postmaster is gone on holiday. We feel so sorry for you but there is really nothing we can do other than pass along a request for him to call you when he returns.

11-27-19  My brain just melted and I now think I will have absolutely nothing to give my son.   My son that has been asking for the same Nintendo Switch Console since it came out three years ago.  This is all tearing me apart.  It's a nightmare.

IF this case is ever resolved and I get my money back finally it may be next year...

Paypal has failed me completely.   Someone please HELP me get paypal to get me back by money.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

edwardbautista
New Community Member

I am having the same issue. Paypal isn't helping me either and I am hopeless I hate this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.