I think I have been scammed.

Arliehobden
Contributor
Contributor
So, I was selling my AirPods on eBay. Someone bought them from Morocco. I had made it clear on the shipping details, that I would ship with Standard Royal Mail international Delivery, (soon to my regret.) EBay emailed me his address, I received a message from the buyer, but I couldn’t reply or view the purchase. I later got an email from eBay saying that he is suspicious, and doesn’t have a properly registered account. Two days after the purchase, I sent it. I couldn’t mark it as dispatched either as like I said, eBay was broken. I got home and found that the payment had been frozen, and that he was demanding a Tracking ID. I told him there wasn’t one, and he started accusing me of not sending anything. I then escalated this to a claim on PayPal, but then he has asked for a refund. I sent him and PayPal a photo of the certificate of shipping that was given to me when I sent it. So now I have to give him a refund, and he has the parcel. The buyer then emailed me to say that it was the wrong address written on the certificate (wrong way round) I told him that I copied it word for word from an email from eBay. I need help now, I am so confused. Thanks 😀
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arliehobden 

You're going to end up refunding the buyer if you can not prove delivery. Out of curiosity, did you get the email from eBay saying buyer is suspicious before or after you shipped? If you want to be protected under PayPal seller protection, it's recommended (but optional if you don't mind not being covered) to ship with a tracking number. Proof of postage (postage receipt) is only good for Unauthorized Payment claims if proof of delivery is not available. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Arliehobden
Contributor
Contributor
I received the suspicious email before I sent it, but it made little sense so I ignored it at first. I really wish the I sent with signed tracking, and I know for future reference, thank you!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arliehobden 

Ah...don't ignore those warning signs. Too many scams and rift rafts about. 

Best,

Sharpie

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.