I purchased an inflatable for my kids and never received the item

prettygaby
Contributor
Contributor

This person sold me a water inflatable Seller info /Felipe <removed> ... It was big for $100 and at a good price so I was enthusiastic  because all purchases and payments were protected by Paypal and I went ahead and purchased it. One day after the purchase I received a message from this person with my tracking number. The purchase was made on 4/25/2020 and the tracking number was received on 4/26/2020. The tracking number took me to the USPS website and to my surprise it showed that my delivery was made on 4/10/2020. I contacted Paypal right away and open a claim. On May 6, 2020  I received an email from customer service notifying me about the denial to my claim. But, when I log in to see the status of my claim it still showing open. I am thinking this is an internal scammer. Someone that has access to create paypal accounts to sell  items to attract the people like me and then be able to obtain a tracking that matches your city and zip code . Someone internally is obtaining and managing this transactions and Paypal doesn't want to be responsible. This portal doesn't let me add his email address which  is a <removed>

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Lanister
Contributor
Contributor

I would open a fraud claim with your bank and take a moment to look at my post I'm considering filing a class action against this company.

Login to Me Too

prettygaby
Contributor
Contributor

I paid with Paypal credit card. I am waiting for them to respond and will contact the bank (Synchrony) today. I really thought this company was legit and that I could trust paying through here because it was secured and protected but I guess not. I would like to move forward to do something about this situation that I know is not only affecting me but many more.

Login to Me Too

Lanister
Contributor
Contributor

Im consulting an attorney about my issue and with you permission I would like to tell him about your problem and if there is some kind of legal action we can pursue against Paypal and unethical business practices. 

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @prettygaby I hope you are doing great today. Thank you for letting us know about what happened to your transaction. You've mentioned that you got a denial from PayPal through email right? However,your case is still showing "Open" status. Have you tried to add some notes or response within the Resolution Center,stating that the tracking number shows delivered April 10,2020 yet you just made the transaction April 25,2020. I highly recommend please get in touch with USPS,if you can a get a copy or confirmation that it was NOT delivered to your address that will serve as your proof that you were given false shipping information by the seller. Please let me know the real status of your case so I can give you additional information on what can we do next? If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.