I'm getting scammed through "refunds"

w0nder
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, so today I was casually checking my email when I saw someone refunded their money and then they refuned their other 2 payments (1 of them was from another email), I checked up and it was them paying for BTC a month ago, they received their BTC successfully and i received my money successfully until now when they refunded. We used a website called PAXFUL. I just wanna ask the community what's the chance of the FRAUDSTER winning the case over me? Later on I looked more into it both of the emails are some random spam emails like random words put together and both of the emails are yahoo which don't need verification. So basically what im saying is whats the chance of me winning is if PAYPAL actually look into it and see:

- All the transactions got refunded 1 min apart from different emails

- Keep in mind the yahoo is an easy email that doesnt need verification and the emails are random spam names

- I uploaded a proof of our trading conversation

All together it was $200+ and im in - money now so its stupid 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@w0nder 

Please read the seller protection program terms because PayPal follows their policies and you will find that PayPal does not cover digital goods and transactions involving items equivalent to cash. You'll also have to read the buyer protection program terms based on where the buyer is located to see if they are protected or not.

Go here and select country and the buyer protection program is located in the User Agreement:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full

PayPal will make their decision to cover you at their sole discretion. They may decide to cover none, some, or all of your transactions depending on the circumstances of your transaction.

When disputes are filed, PayPal deducts the amount from your account and puts it on hold pending outcome of dispute so check if the dispute statuses are closed or not. If closed, PayPal ruled against you and you must zero out your negative balance or face account limitation and debt sold to collections. If PayPal ruled your favor and the buyer won't take "no" for an answer can potentially do a credit card chargeback and you'll be charged extra on top of the amounts disputed as handling fee and is time consuming process and is also a factor for the ruling.

Selling BTC is generally not compatible with PayPal and is relatedly against Acceptable Use Policy, too. But you accept PayPal in exchange for BTC at your own risk. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@w0nder 

Please read the seller protection program terms because PayPal follows their policies and you will find that PayPal does not cover digital goods and transactions involving items equivalent to cash. You'll also have to read the buyer protection program terms based on where the buyer is located to see if they are protected or not.

Go here and select country and the buyer protection program is located in the User Agreement:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full

PayPal will make their decision to cover you at their sole discretion. They may decide to cover none, some, or all of your transactions depending on the circumstances of your transaction.

When disputes are filed, PayPal deducts the amount from your account and puts it on hold pending outcome of dispute so check if the dispute statuses are closed or not. If closed, PayPal ruled against you and you must zero out your negative balance or face account limitation and debt sold to collections. If PayPal ruled your favor and the buyer won't take "no" for an answer can potentially do a credit card chargeback and you'll be charged extra on top of the amounts disputed as handling fee and is time consuming process and is also a factor for the ruling.

Selling BTC is generally not compatible with PayPal and is relatedly against Acceptable Use Policy, too. But you accept PayPal in exchange for BTC at your own risk. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

w0nder
Contributor
Contributor

So simply... i will lose my money

Login to Me Too

MapCrafter
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Also losing a considerable amount of money. but it looks like paypal doesn't give a **bleep**. Best service ever. I hope to leave pp asap. It's so stupid...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.