I have negative balance in my account and my account is Permanently Limited, How do I fix this?

ritagandhi
New Community Member

Hello,

I have been getting emails from Paypal that my account has a negative balance and I need to pay the negative balance. However, My account has been permanently limited, even though I have provided all the details(My Social Security Number, Date of birth, Picture of my ID, Picture of my US passport).

Since my account has been permanently limited, I cannot add money via bank account nor via debit card. I have been trying to contact PayPal by the message center and I have not received a proper reply yet, They reply to my message with "How to add money to your PayPal account page" which is useless to me, If I was able to do that, I wouldn't need to contact Paypal customer care service in the first place.

Can someone here please help me resolve this issue? Again, I want to clear my negative balance and I am not able to add money via Bank/Debit Card/Someone sending me money.

Thank You

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ArenClaj
Contributor
Contributor

Hello , I am sorry to disturb you but this it's happening to me too and I was hoping you found a solution for yourself? If yes , please respond to me back .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ArenClaj 

Can you receive payments into your account, maybe try with a very small amount first and if it works then........

Sometimes the quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ArenClaj
Contributor
Contributor
No , because my account is limited for 180 days , i can not get payments from others , and the chargeback happened during the time my paypal got limited . I tried resolving it and adding funds from my credit card but it did not work , and i used the same credit card linked to the account .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ArenClaj 

Would have helped if you had said it was a permanent limitation then i could have given you different advice, never mind.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chrisy1

I tried that and it doesn't work as the account is limited you can't do or receive any transactions 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.