I have been scammed by CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd.

monysto1
New Community Member

I bought these LED Switch Plates that my wife found that she liked. I purchased them from one of CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. internet stores called WayWoop. This was to be a Valentine's day gift to my wife and the site promised delivery before 2/14 in plenty of time for Valentine's Day. Well on 2/13 I finally opened a dispute in PayPay because the switch plates never arrived. To this dispute CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. replied that their manufacturing was way behind and the shipment would be delayed completely ignoring my request to cancel the order and to please receive a refund as the product had not been shipped nor even manufactured as of this point.

On March 1 the switch plates finally arrived. First thing out of the box I noticed that the plates were supposed to be Ivory, they were yellow and did not match the Ivory switches in our home but to really add to this entire frustrating situation is the fact that NONE OF THE LEDs WORK on all 20 switch plates!  I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED! 

I have escalated the dispute to PayPal and I am waiting for their reply and assistance in getting a refund. The current status is PayPal waiting for CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. to respond to their request for additional information which is supposed to be by March 11 but at this point I am very Leary that I will ever hear from CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. and I probably am out the $115 I paid for a pile of non functioning merchandise! 

I hope PalPal comes through is supporting my claim and restores my faith in their system... fingers crossed!

Fellow PayPal community members STAY FAR AWAY FROM "CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd."

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monysto1 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

If paypal find in your favour then you will probably have to return the items back to the seller at your own expense before you get a refund (trackable that is) so make sure you have activated the below link to get help with those costs.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DaveCMHSCAMED
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievable that PayPal supports this thieving lying company: 

They had tracking information so PayPal went with them... yet I have never received the item I ordered from them... so they could have sent a peg, pencil but not what was ordered and PayPal support them: one is as doggy as the other 

Login to Me Too

Maraboy
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievable that PayPal supports this thieving lying company:

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maraboy 

Sadly its buyers that are supporting them by buying their Chinese tat.

Paypal give you 'some' buyer protection but its not an insurance policy so you need to risk assess your own transactions.

Paypal does remove scam sellers once enough claims start to roll in but its easy enough in China to just start up another name/website and start over.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.