I got scammed by making purchase at fake store-will I be able to get refund?

Jadranka12
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody,

Two days ago I bought items from one online store and in the meantime I found out that that store is scam.

I payed $45 for those items and I had weird feeling that somethings not right,so I asked to get refund.

Then I went online and did research and I found out that it's a scam site.

Will I be able to get refund from Paypal,and what should I do next?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PneumaPsyche
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day to you @Jadranka12,

Thank you for using community forum. You have the right to file a dispute to get your money back.

You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute.

You can follow the steps below to initiate a dispute.

How do I file a dispute? 

I hope this helps.
We really appreciate your patience.
Keep safe.

*** You may leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you. ***

Login to Me Too

Jadranka12
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PneumaPsyche,

I see you're PayPal Employee,so I would like to ask you for your help if it's not too big of a problem.

Here is the story:

Today I got notification  that I made payment on April 18.  via my PP account.

However,I haven't made that payment.

I was very concerned by that and I immediately went to my account and opened dispute case in which I stated that my account had unauthorized transaction that I haven't made.

Few hours later,I spoke with my family and told them what happened.Then my son told me that he made that payment and that he purchased some items from that store.

I went to contact PayPal and I told them what happened and that I made mistake by opening dispute case and that my son made payment,so there's was no unauthorized transaction.

In meantime,my son found better deal on eBay,so I went on the store where my son bought item to cancel his order,and I saw that some people said that store is a scam.

I sent email to store that I want refund,but haven't got any respond.

In meantime I got email from PayPal in which they said that they checked my case and there was no unauthorized transaction and that I can't get refund.

I don't know what to do,because I obviously won't get refund from store because it's scam,and PayPal told me I can't get refund because there was no unauthorized transaction.

Now I'm really worried and don't know who should I contact and is there anything else I can do?

Please,help me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.