I got scammed. Paypal resolution center has been useless.

Jerobstone
New Community Member

I realized, rather quickly after a purchase that I had been scammed.

I sought to stop the purchase, thinking that the resolution center could help.

I explained the situation, but because of the limited options for "resolution" I had to just pick unauthorized use of my account.

I explained the entire situation, and that I'd contacted the seller immediately to try and cancel the order, and the resolution center, clearly ignoring the meat of my complaint, said that this was a legit purchase, and this is resolved.

I have no recourse. I have since done significant research into the company scamming me, and tried to resolve the situation again, to no avail. I cannot even report this as a scam, and I'm out of my money. 

Does Paypal actively protect fraudulent companies using their platform to dupe consumers? It certainly is beginning to feel that way.

I will continue to try and resolve this, however if this doesn't get fixed, and it looks like a lot of other people are having the same issue, I will stop using paypal, and urge others to cease using Paypal as well. 

At some point Paypal will have to answer to consumers, and if they don't start to help us out, maybe we should seek legal action to force them to assist in stopping fraudulent sellers to scam consumers through their site. 

Until then, I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. 

Incredibly disappointed in Paypal,

Mr. Stone

Oakland, CA

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.