I did a ebay purchase.. payed , instantly refunded, refund was cancelled .Read story.

flattop59
Contributor
Contributor

Well... Im not sure where to begin.   I did a BIN through ebay , canadian to Canadian BIN.. free shipping.. well,  I payed.. then a couple minutes later I get refunded.. next thing I know the listing gets removed from Ebay stating the sellers account was compromised..  now I file a thing with ebay.. and they cancel my request.. Paypal says Ill get my refund all to find out the refund has been cancelled..   what happened?   Im out alot of money..  Paypal Canada is closed , cant even talk to a person to get the help required..   who do I talk to??  when the refund took place.. I had a feeling I was had... I took all the proper steps.. 

Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flattop59 

Well, since the seller's ebay account was compromised, the refund was cancelled either because the real account owner canceled it or the PayPal balance/linked bank account of PayPal account owner has no money on it.

Have to call customer service first thing, during business hours:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (CA): https://www.facebook.com/PaypalCanada/

Twitter (CA): @AskPayPalCA

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

flattop59
Contributor
Contributor

The email account on the PP sellers account looks like nothing Ive seen before.  its almost like someone had the sellers account as well as there PP account and was able to link those funds off to somewhere else..   I want my money back.. I lost alot..  paypal canada is closed.. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.