I accidentally purchased tools from a scam website. How do I cancel?

sheikhbond
Contributor
Contributor

My transaction is still showing pending. I found really good deals on this scam website called dwodus. They made it look so legit and have all tools 80% off. I got caught up in the excitement and only realized after checking out that something wasn't right. I show the transaction went to something called Nicki's Cafe when it should have been DeWalt Tools. 
I do not how to contact customer support. I get an error when I try to use the resolution center to report a problem:

Unable to complete your request

We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our User Agreement for more details.

What should I do? Please help. 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @sheikhbond. Thank you for letting us know of your concern. My apologies if you are currently having issues using our Resolution Center. Due to COVID19, customer service is temporarily closed. At this point to get better help, I will be requesting you to get in touch with our chat support. How does it works? You must login to yourPayPal account and go to yourMessage Center wherein you can find the Chat Support option in which you can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal Twitter: @AskPayPal If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe! ***** If you find my reply helpful, let us know by clicking the like sign below.😊

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @sheikhbond. Thank you for letting us know of your concern. My apologies if you are currently having issues using our Resolution Center. Due to COVID19, customer service is temporarily closed. At this point to get better help, I will be requesting you to get in touch with our chat support. How does it works? You must login to yourPayPal account and go to yourMessage Center wherein you can find the Chat Support option in which you can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal Twitter: @AskPayPal If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe! ***** If you find my reply helpful, let us know by clicking the like sign below.😊
Login to Me Too

hicabob
Contributor
Contributor

They got me too. I'm such an idiot. The scammer seems to buy lots of ads on Yahoo and has a couple different websites. I disputed with Paypal with product not received, supposedly they will resolve in a couple days. If not I will cancel the charge from my credit card. This is why you should never use a debit card with Paypal else you would be SOL.

Login to Me Too

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @hicabob. Sorry for the experience that you have with this merchant. And thank you for trusting PayPal to manage your concern. If you opened a case with is, rest assured that we will let you know of the updates every time via email. If you are not comfortable that the card is linked to your account, you always have the option to remove your card from your account. Below are the simple steps. From your PayPal app, here's how to remove a card from your PayPal account: Tap the Settings icon at the top right. Select Banks and Cards. Select the card that needs to be updated and tap Remove. From your computer, here's how: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the card you wish to update. Click Edit. Click Remove card. Note: each time you add a card or update the information, the equivalent of US$ 1.00 is blocked on the card in order to verify the validity. This is not an actual charge and the amount will be released after a short time. If, after 30 days, you still see this item, please contact your card issuer. From your PayPal app, here's how to remove a card from your PayPal account: Tap the Settings icon at the top right. Select Banks and Cards. Select the card that needs to be updated and tap Remove. From your computer, here's how: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the card you wish to update. Click Edit. Click Remove card. Note: each time you add a card or update the information, the equivalent of US$ 1.00 is blocked on the card in order to verify the validity. This is not an actual charge and the amount will be released after a short time. If, after 30 days, you still see this item, please contact your card issuer. All for the best. Stay safe. ***** If you find my reply helpful, let us know by clicking the like sign below.😊
Login to Me Too

B1gbrad
Contributor
Contributor

OMG - They got me too - $89 - PayPal is getting my money back I hope - I knew it was too good to be true.  I was bragging to my wife about what a good deal I got - very legit until you see the charge name - NICKI's CAFE INC.   You live you learn - I just filed today - I assume this will be an easy return of my money from Pay Pal --- LOL 

<removed>

Login to Me Too

tnyhuynh
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get your money back from PayPal? I didn't because this scammer sent a packet of stickers and then showed PayPal a shipment tracking info for the stickers. I disputed but PayPal ruled in favor of this scammer.

Login to Me Too

sheikhbond
Contributor
Contributor

@tnyhuynh Yup, I got my money back on April 9th. I made the purchase on April 7th. I sent PayPal a message immediately after this happened with all the details. I guess I was one of the lucky ones who got their money. I have seen similar websites show up on my advertisements. There was a running shoe store with 40% off... a bit more realistic sale and I was about to make a purchase but then I realized it was the same scam. These people are very good at copying websites. 

Login to Me Too

tnyhuynh
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, they got me as I paid via my bank account. Also, this scammer has now cloned their website and instead to dwodus.com, they also have the following URL: https://www.deceao.com/

Login to Me Too

ccphoto

The same thing happened to me at that web address. I tried to file a dispute with Paypal as an unauthorized transaction, because there was no good option. The claim was denied and now I can't seem to get any further. The bogus tacking number supplied by the "seller" was delivered today to somebody else at a completely different address with the same zipcode as mine. PayPal has not been very helpful at all. I guess I'll have to start calling and get used to being on hold, if I can get through to someone.

Login to Me Too

hicabob
Contributor
Contributor

So I have been disputing this w/ paypal for about 3 weeks now and they keep moving the expected resolution dates up and up.

Is this normal for Paypal? The fellow is a known scammer and I have forwarded paypal info proving that yet they seem to continue to enable him?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.