How to send a message on resolution center?

jjmaia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

So I have been using Paypal for years but never had anything like this happen.
I bought a camera lens and when it arrived the mount was broken. On the day I got it I contacted the store. After some back and forth, the store refused to refund me. Opened a case on Paypal and had to escalate it.

Paypal decided in my favour, but I had to return the lens. All good, makes sense. The issue is that paypal states I and responsible for any costs associated with the return? Like, what? I am returning it because it arrived damaged, not because I don't feel like having it any more. On the resolution centre I only see 2 options, close the case or upload shipping evidence, I can't see a way to send a message...

Also, they have sent the lens from Europe (I am in Europe) and now they want me to ship the lens to china!

Thank you all for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jjmaia 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.