How to fight this scam/fraud from China? I ordered a Vacuum but comes a phone case.

song52xs
Contributor
Contributor

Several weeks ago, I ordered this Dyson Vacuum in following website:

https://dysonstore.dyspie.shop/product/dyson-v8-animal-cordless-stick-vacuum-cleaner-iron/

Then the seller mailed me a phone case from China, the tracking no. is LY469288004CN

The order is delivered to my mailbox. Not a vacuum but a phone case in a small package. 

I opened a dispute case for Item not as described. The seller ask me to mail back the package and only issue the refund when the seller confirmed the receive of the returned package. Mail back to China will cost me more money. The returning address is very unclear with some Chinese characters and I doubt it can be delivered in China. Now PayPal asked me to provide a return tracking number to continue my dispute process. 

So what can I do to fight this scam/fraud? Thank you very much.

@fraud @scam @RETURN package to China

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

song52xs
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got solved by messaging the PayPal agents. Glad to have the refund right now. The key is be patient and keep record of every steps.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

jo3pamela
Contributor
Contributor

song52xs how were you able to message PayPal? I cannot find any way to reach them on the website. Thanks

Login to Me Too

mardy55
Contributor
Contributor

Do Not shop at dysonstore.dyspie.shop -- customer service number on website takes you to an elderly lady with a recording about the fraud of this site.  I received a text immediately after the transaction from PayPal noting that the charge was going to ??????????? (that sent chills up my spine).  I was able to stop the funds, thankfully.  Reported this website as cyber fraud at the US government site IC3.gov

Login to Me Too

ck_2018
Contributor
Contributor

I experienced the same thing. Paypal is still demanding that I submit confirmation of return shipment. The item received appears to be a phone case (haven't opened the packaging but from the outside, it feels like a phone case.) -  how do you think I should proceed?

Login to Me Too

sjcailler
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me. I am so angry. The website looked just like Dyson's. I ordered a hair dryer and received a 5 cent plastic phone case. I have disputes open with both PayPal and my credit card company. I have copies of everything, including the emails I sent them requesting information, to which I never got a response. I also called the phone number they referenced and they apparently pirated some poor lady's phone number. I have filed a complaint with the Consumer Affairs Office. Not sure yet how this will all pan out but I've learned my lesson. I guess "Chen" is laughing all the way to the bank ... SCUM. 

Login to Me Too

Kellyjo28
Contributor
Contributor
Same is happening to me! Website looked so legit and same old lady’s number saying it’s a scam. But they have many websites now, https://dysononlineshop.dysinstore.com/ Is one of the many, all same phone number, they switch the spelling of dyson to dysin, dysan, etc. Can’t get ahold of anyone from PayPal and extremely frustrated, we spend $800 on vacuums! Made a dispute with our bank too, what do we do?!
Login to Me Too

mardy55
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry this has happened to you...after daily calling over a weekend (i initiated transaction on a Saturday), I finally got positive resolution from the fraud unit at PayPal. I immediately filed a dispute on PayPal which kept it from “processing” for a while.  Since funds had not yet even transferred to PayPal from my Discover Card, that also helped.  My initial dispute was rejected by PayPal, but I persisted in multiple calls to customer service, who in turn connected me to their fraud unit.  The guy in fraud was helpful and agreed that it totally looked like fraud.   He agreed to issue the reversal/refund through PayPal. I think I was saved mostly because it was on a weekend and funds had not actually left the U. S.  to the scammers, and that the funds had not yet left my Discover Card account to PayPal.  It helped that I was calling daily to PayPal, and was referred from regular customer service to the fraud unit. 

Login to Me Too

hijean
New Community Member

How can I reach someone in FRAUD.  I ordered Christmas decorations and received total junk that was not even close to what was represented.  Paypal closed the dispute because the Chinese company provided a tracking number.  This is so wrong and I need help.

Login to Me Too

Temp20201222c
I also ordered ornaments that were supposedly from Detroit, MI. What I got was total junk. Opened a dispute and the company finally said I could return them to China and they’d give me a full refund. The return address on the package I got was in Tracy, California. I argued with PayPal that I shouldn’t have to return it to China. Short story is PAYPAL WOULDN’t HELP. SO I RETURNED IT TO China and uploaded my tracking info. As soon as I get my refund from PayPal, I am deleting my account and Will NEVER use PayPal again. As far as I’m concerned— I’ll only do my shopping in store at mom and pop locations from now on. China has figured out how to scam in in everything online and I’m over it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.