How many disputes am I allowed to open?

Inting
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there! Just wanted to ask how many disputes I can open. I escalated all the disputes I opened yesterday so PayPal can look into it. If the seller does not respond, will I receive my money back? Also, does the amount of disputes I open matter or are they okay with it even if it's 8 disputes for the same seller?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Inting 

There is no limit to the amount of disputes you can open but constant and excessive disputes can count against your ability to file them or even have your account restricted. 

Just don't make so many transactions with one seller that can cause disputes. Do this seller have a shopping cart on their site? Buy all you want in one transaction instead of multiple transactions so close together.

If seller does not respond, escalate the dispute to a claim PayPal. Why wouldn't you want escalate to have PayPal decide, unless you're okay with seller having the money or you no longer want to dispute. You can also close the dispute too if you do not want to let the disputes expire in 20 days on their own. Once disputes are closed, they cannot be reopened.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Inting
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately there isn't a way to buy multiple things in a cart. I had to buy something for around 50 USD three times and around 20 to 25 USD two times. It left me with no other option other than opening 5 disputes unfortunately.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.