How can one deal with a Seller providing a Invalid Return Shipping Address

Integrity007
Contributor
Contributor

For the first time I've had an interesting experience with a Seller who shipped the wrong and defective items.

Attempts to contact the Seller went unanswered.  A dispute was then raised and PayPal has agreed to refund the considerable 4 digit sum involved, however only upon the items been sent for return.  The Seller has then provided a Invalid Address, missing relevant return information.  Further, information gained from this Dispute allowed for deeper internet searching and the Seller has for numerous years behaved in a recalcitrant manner with wrong and defective items returns to other people, reported in several blogs, potentially acting in a fraudulent and deceiving way under Australian consumer laws.

Now the Seller has provided an Invalid Address as part of this dispute, missing relevant information and not per the original sending location.  I cannot therefore return the items.

I wish to have PayPal refund me immediately.  How can this be done? 

Any experience that the community can bring would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Integrity007 

You would need to contact customer services and they will either refund you because the seller has not given you a proper address OR give you the address to send it back to themselves ie the correct sellers return depot address.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Integrity007
Contributor
Contributor

Whilst I understand the standard script message above works in most cases, this Seller has worked out how to sell a faulty item and impact the Purchaser when returning this item.  In my case, Paypal has advised that it will not refund the cost of return freight.  Well unfortunately I am out of pocket almost $200 and with the items shipped, still PayPal has NOT refunded me.  

Thus the Purchaser is the looser.   The Seller is able to sell defective items, frequently and repetitively.  Details of the transfer has been advised to Paypal who have been involved in a illegal transaction and continues to behave to the benefit of the Seller.  

So to all Purchasers, ensure that you obtain in writing from the Seller that should a item be found defective, wrong or faulty in some way, that the Seller will reimburse in full the cost of freight to return the item.  Should the Seller fail to do this, then there is a high chance that the Seller is selling defective items.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.