How can I resolve a problem with a seller who hasn't delivered the item I paid for.

Jordansacres
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for some raised garden beds but can't contact the seller (no email address was given). I tried disputing transaction hoping to get my money refunded but PayPal said I don't qualify for payment protection and closed my case. I can't file a claim against the said "company" as I don't have an address. How can I get my money back or the item that I paid for? I need assistance and thought PayPal transactions were better regulated to help the buyer.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jordansacres 

How did you pay ie which paypal payment option?

How did you fund the paypal payment?

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jordansacres
Contributor
Contributor

I paid through my PayPal account that has my debit card linked to it. The money was indeed taken out of my account, I have the order number, transaction ID as well as the name of the "Company" name I bought from.  I thought I was ordering from an online Walmart Store but evidently I was wrong. I filed a problem stating I didn't receive the product ordered (Elevated self-watering raised garden beds). PayPal resolution center closed my case & now I can't file a claim against the seller.

Login to Me Too

Jordansacres
Contributor
Contributor

On my activity page it says payment under the sellers name.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jordansacres 

If you paid using the goods/services option then I am not sure why they said you had no buyer protection.

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim or did it auto close at the 20 days marker post opening the dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jordansacres
Contributor
Contributor

My account just says Paypal payment. I tried filing a claim as soon as I found the beds cheaper with a different seller. Since I had no way to contact my original seller paypal said my claim for a refund didn't meet the qualifications for the refund & closed my case. This was all done since the 14th of Aug so the 60 days was far from up.

Login to Me Too

Crocman
New Community Member

Appeal. You will get a human.

Login to Me Too

Crocman
New Community Member

I just learnt that a lot of PP disputes are automatic and are not done by a human. Go to the contact centre and ask to deal with a consultant. They can appeal your decision and it gets looked at by a person.

Login to Me Too

Jordansacres
Contributor
Contributor

I finally go hold of a human who said he'd send an email to the seller & is giving her til the 18th to either send me the goods or refund my money. So I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.