Help with Resolving Limitation?

Kirvee
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal account is personal (read: not a business account), though I do have a merchant ID since some sites required it from long ago, though I'm not an active merchant.

I primarily use my account to pay for services and things conveniently that aren't related at all to anything I'd sell.

Today, my account randomly got restricted because I guess Paypal thinks I buy too much from my mobile games? One of the two steps it gave me to resolve the limitations was to provide receipts, but the wording of it...makes me unsure what Paypal actually wants from me? The wording from Paypal themselves sounds like it assumes I have products to sell and wants the receipts from a "supplier". But I don't have anything like that? The most I can think to provide is the receipts from my gacha game purchases, but those are...all Paypal receipts, which they ought to have access to anyway. There's no option of "This doesn't apply to me" that I can see, so I'm unsure how to proceed.

Can anyone help me with this? What am I supposed to do/give them? I can't find the customer service number either to call =/.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

spyktec
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem today as well!  And mine is also just a personal account.  I've been waiting on the phone support queue for 3 hours and 37 minutes currently, and still can't get through to anyone, so I'm guessing maybe this is a widespread issue.

Likewise, all the questions to un-restrict it are geared at Business accounts, so I can't provide that sort of information (like supplier information), because I simply don't have it.

Hopefully gets sorted soon!  I feel your pain!  I don't know how many hours I'll wait on phone support for before I give up, but it's pretty urgent since I do all my auto bill payments through PayPal at the moment.

Login to Me Too

Kirvee
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I've seen at least two other people make their own threads, and on the pinned restriction thread there are many people talking about having this happen to them. Definitely a widespread issue at this point.

Hopefully they'll figure it out and fix it soon. I imagine you've been on hold so long because EVERYONE is calling them lol.

Login to Me Too

tanyacasey25
Contributor
Contributor

im in the same boat I've been on the phone for 4 hours and 20 mins wondering if i should just hung up, i really want it fixed but by the looks of it its happening to so many people, it has to be a PayPal problem . May it will be fixed at there end but that's not going to help anyone who needs to use it 

Login to Me Too

Kirvee
Contributor
Contributor

I've been reading through other threads of people having the same issue, someone said in another thread that someone was able to get through and talk to a human and confirmed it's a glitch in Paypal's system and that if you're able to get through to a human they should be able to restore everything. It's just really difficult right now because EVERYONE is calling them.

I'm gonna give it a day, I'm thankfully in a position where I don't need Paypal for online purchases right now immediately, but I have bills coming up that DO go through Paypal....

Login to Me Too

tanyacasey25
Contributor
Contributor

How annoying, unfortunately Im glad I posted in here and have realised its happening to others and not just me. its going to be a nightmare trying to get it fixed .

Login to Me Too

Kirvee
Contributor
Contributor

If you want, Paypal Support on Twitter seems to be actually active and responding to people, because I happened to look there and people were also complaining about this issue there and the AskPaypal account was replying to people.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.