Have you been scammed like me? Read the Chinese Modus Operandi here

Nobrainer

How Chinese Website Scam You with legal and willinly cooperation of PayPal

How do they operate?

Learn from my mistake

1. You order an item at a perfectly organized, good looking website. What item does not matter. The prices look fair, not too low, but “normal”.

2. You pay with PAYPAL

3. The Seller sends you an email with confirmation and track and trace number. You wait till the item arrives and perhaps you send an email if anything could be wrong because it takes quite some time. You will get a normal reply as always “please wait a while”.

4. Suddenly you receive an envelope containing a sticker, or anything representing a very low or no value.

5. The envelope you received exactly matches the track and trace number provided by the scammer of the item that you ordered!

6. You claim at PayPal for a refund because what you ordered is not what you received and paid for and PayPal will check your claim with the seller. You make pictures of the sticker, the envelope, the track and trace number, a screenshot of what you orded, the difference in weight, size. Yopu explain in all rational way that there is a distinct difference in what you got and what you ordred. In my case the product description “sticker” was even on the envelope. The Seller NEVER had any intention to send yo the correct item.

7. One or two days later PayPal presents the solution: “You have to send back the sticker (or low value item)  to China item and PayPal will “refund the amount once it is received and confirmed by teh seller in China”.

8. Of course the Seller will never ever confirm to PayPal that they have received the item and you lose your money….. Always.

Now comes the legal participant in this scam! PAYPAL
  9. Since PayPal uses Automated Intelligence and no human common sense whatsoever the above have 2 inmplications

10. On the PayPal forum the way these scammers operating are discussed anmoung Paypal users. names of websites are mentioned, the way PayPal operates but despite numerous attempts by different PayPal users, PayPal DOES NOT TAKE ANY ACTION AT ALL. They just benefit from the transaction fee and keep the circle going so many other normal citizens with no bad intent are cought in the scammers act.

First:
    Your transaction will be flagged as “solved” by payPal whatever you do so it will have NO affect on the “PayPal service performance results” because “all was according to plan” because our system “is operating properly”. No change will be made to their policies! 

Second:
    The Scammer is aware of the above PayPal lack of intelligent descision making so he gets of the hook and can continue his profitable scam

Third:
    PayPal will never openly confirm that these Chinese organized crime scammers are actively using the flawed PayPal method of operation because users will start to ask questions and ask for refunds from the past resulting in media attention. Instead they will hide behind their ever changing terms of use…

Ever tried to get in contact with payPal??

Malicious websites and email addresses that I could find in 5 minutes using the same “service” email address over and over again:

<removed>

What is PP not doing something against this!

Their websites:
<removed>

You always have to pay for the return shipping costs so it is not worth returning the item, you allways lose......

After a while they close the shop and start again:

Correct me when I am wrong and I will gladly admit it.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Redbird223
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with everything you said. I've tried multiple times to speak to a person at paypal, and "report fraudulent transaction" doesn't work, because it wasn't a problem with something I purchased USING paypal, it was a debit/credit purchase TOO someone's paypal. Ive checked with the bank, and no other suspicious charges have happened, but I ordered a new card and number to be safe. PayPal is a participant in this, buy not allowing me to talk to a human so they can at least flag this guy's account, and maybe stop others from falling into the trap. I should have been more sceptical, since the item was $8 lower than anyone else (item was $71.59 belt sander), but I was trying to get it as low as I could, because my dad was going to pay me back for the item. Also, during the purchase, under acceptable payments, they showed they accept all major credit cards or paypal. When I selected paypal, it didnt log me into my paypal, it just showed where they were taking credit card payments TO there paypal. That should have been a red flag! And just like you said, 2 days later, the online store is no longer there! I did get to send an email to them requesting information on the transaction, and I emailed the paypal account holder, but to no avail. I guess you live and learn. Just frustrated that I've still got to buy a belt sander, and this piece of crap gets to continue scamming others out of there money. Thanks for the knowledge. And have a great day.
Login to Me Too

powen8425
Contributor
Contributor

I have received refunds from PP but it has taken some time. All advertisers have been on Facebook who will take no responsibility in fact had rejected my reports and said the advertisers are bonafide. Maybe to FB they are as they are getting paid by the scammers. Is there any way of reporting FB for being an accessory to crime

Login to Me Too

Spikeus
New Community Member
Guess what useless crap I received? A $5 PayPal virtual gift card. So the scum, Chinese that scammed me for $99.27, and the scum PayPal, both win on this nefarious scheme.
Login to Me Too

Cworth2288
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer beware- I want to be another that tells you to never!! get items from China!! There new scam— they charge you twice a few days apart and with 2 slightly different amounts. In example: 30.49 and 30.58. Pay pal ignores that you have a duplicate charge. And since both just a little different, PayPal wants you to return your “purchase” for a refund. Except you didn’t get a second product! It’s a charge for nothing! Grrr
Login to Me Too

Lpiperdclark
New Community Member
Somehow this happened to me with Home Depot, but I still can't quote figure it out. I was sure I was on the home depot site, we searched for the item we wanted and finished the transaction thru PayPal. Never got an order confirmation but my card was charged andI got a shopping confirmation. 2 hours on hold with PayPal without talking to a person. After reading this, they sure do seem complicit.
Login to Me Too

LeeShanklin
Contributor
Contributor

YES!  This is what I am going through right now!  Chinese company, they provided a different shipping label to PayPal with a different tracking number.   I didn't even receive that either.  There is NO PROOF I received my product.  I use PayPal at least a dozen times a month.  I'm a good customer.  I am furious with PayPal, how they are looking the other way on these scamming Chinese companies.  I will never use them again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.