Has anyone purchased from <removed>?

Carmenlw3
Contributor
Contributor

I am thinking about making a purchase from this company. They have PayPal as one of their payment options. Has anyone purchased from Whatsmode.com and how was your experience?

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

Roxie2
New Community Member
Hi, I purchased an order 3 weeks ago. I have emailed them twice about my order and have not had a reply! I payed through PayPal and was not concerned that the company would be a scam...
Login to Me Too

Ellechim
New Community Member

Feb 8 I ordered $50.00 of Merch, which did NOT arrive.  I complained three times and the last time I threatened to report their company as fraudulent. Threaten to give a fraudulent report on Yelp....or the BBB...or when you see their ads, put your experience there..don't quit or walk away!

So I get an email saying they'll send me a confirmation email for the refund....but ~ No delivery, no refund.  But my threat must have caused some stir on their end.

Monday I got two emails ~ one from what's mode and another from PayPal stating I have a refund going back thru PayPal.  But no money either in my PayPal or bank card, so far.

Paypal said it takes 5-30 days.  Well see. 😶

Login to Me Too

CasaLynn
New Community Member
I made a purchase on January 25th and just received it today March 30th. They are extremely slow because the products come from China not the USA!
Login to Me Too

Inti_Raymi82

PLEASE, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

I ordered a parcel the 12th of January, and I´m still waiting for it. They have not contacted me. I have  just received a couple of emails  from different people saying that they were very busy after Christmas. I have asked for my refund, they are agree with, but no refund is made yet. They have sent me a fake tracking number. They also say that I supposed to receive my parcel the 18th of March. And I mistake has happened.

Apparently, the company is placed in Los Angeles, suppliers are in Shanghai and returns are handle in China. What do you think guys?

I´m thinking about to shake legal advise next week. Does anyone know how to proceed? As I had not a PayPal account when I ordered my parcel, I´ll go also to my bank to ask if they can cancel the transfer. 

I´m living in Cambridge (UK). I cannot allow fraudsters like these to steal money from people.

Login to Me Too

jackattack14
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased 2 sweaters in mid February and never received payment confirmation, although payment was immediately taken from my account, nor did I receive any tracking. 3 emails to the company resulted in an automatic response that they were backed up and 2 non-responses. I opened a case with Paypal about a month later and within a day, whatsmode had emailed me a tracking number. However every time I tried to track the package I was in formed that it was not yet in the system. At one point I received an email from Paypal telling me that they have been informed that the package arrived and did I want to close the case. I immediately responded that no I did not receive the package and that the tracking number appears to be fake. I am unsure why they thought the package had arrived unless whatsmode sent them a bogus thread. In any event, about a week later, Paypal closed the case in my favor and I received a refund. I stressed to Paypal that they needed to look into similar complaints and that I had read about instances of closed cases based on false information. By all means, open a case if you paid with Paypal, and communicate well. Maybe eventually whatsmode will be unable to scam anyone, at least through Paypal. I also have reported the ad on Facebook as a scam and maybe more people doing that also will result in saving people some money. Consequently I still have no package, but based on reviews of people who did receive eventually, between poor quality, offensive odors, incorrect sizing and unacceptable substitutions, I am quite ok with this being the end of my dealings with this company.

Login to Me Too

jackattack14
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased 2 sweaters in mid February and never received payment confirmation, although payment was immediately taken from my account, nor did I receive any tracking. 3 emails to the company resulted in an automatic response that they were backed up and 2 non-responses. I opened a case with Paypal about a month later and within a day, whatsmode had emailed me a tracking number. However every time I tried to track the package I was in formed that it was not yet in the system. At one point I received an email from Paypal telling me that they have been informed that the package arrived and did I want to close the case. I immediately responded that no I did not receive the package and that the tracking number appears to be fake. I am unsure why they thought the package had arrived unless whatsmode sent them a bogus thread. In any event, about a week later, Paypal closed the case in my favor and I received a refund. I stressed to Paypal that they needed to look into similar complaints and that I had read about instances of closed cases based on false information. By all means, open a case if you paid with Paypal, and communicate well. Maybe eventually whatsmode will be unable to scam anyone, at least through Paypal. I also have reported the ad on Facebook as a scam and maybe more people doing that also will result in saving people some money. Consequently I still have no package, but based on reviews of people who did receive eventually, between poor quality, offensive odors, incorrect sizing and unacceptable substitutions, I am quite ok with this being the end of my dealings with this company.

Login to Me Too

pp4amie
New Community Member

Do yourself a huge favor and avoid purchasing anything from this company. The clothing is really low quality and not as depicted online. It takes at least 6 weeks to arrive (if it ever does). And, once you get it, even if you aren't happy with your items, forget about returning it or getting any sort of refund. The company is located in China, you have to pay for return shipping, which is astronomical. The customer service for this company is absolutely terrible. Avoid this company at all costs - complete ripoff. They should not be in business. 

Login to Me Too

MissMelody32
Contributor
Contributor
yes back in January 2018 and now it is mid April. Still no package. Back in February they sent me an email stating everything was on backorder and will arrive in 4-6 weeks. Now they won't even respond to my emails. Everyone needs to report them with the better business bureau!!!
Login to Me Too

Mari59
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I purchased two tops. They run on the smaller size so order up a size. I will order from this company again!!

Login to Me Too

Tia65

This company is garbage. Their product is very cheaply made and the customer service is a joke. Do not purchase from them

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.