Hacked

Kristine29
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have a very serious problem and hope you be able to help me. The situation is that someone broke/hacked into my paypal account and purchased an item which cost 369.99€. I am not able to get in to my paypal account which was made by my other e-mail and cancelled because the settings are changed and seems like the account is deleted. I sincerely hope that you can help, find that deal and cancelled as well as returned my money back to me. It is a big amount of money which was stolen from my bank account. If you need additional information fot investigation please let me know. Hope you be able to help me. I looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Kristine
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Kristine29 

Sorry to hear about what happened. This is something urgent and needs to be reported to your account as soon as possible but if you no longer have access to your PayPal account maybe try to reach out to you bank and report this transaction as unauthorized. I'm sure they can look for options to help you as well.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Login to Me Too

Kristine29
Contributor
Contributor
But how about Paypal stuff are they able to bring back my account? Are they able to involve in this situation and find out how somebody can hacked account and steel the money. After all I don't feel safe anymore to use Paypal.
Login to Me Too

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Kristine29 

I understand and we want to help you about your concern as well. But since we are on a public community forum we can't pull up your account. For now I may suggest you to try recovering the account thru login page.

Hope this article may help:

https://www.paypal.com/lv/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-if-i-can't-i-log-in-faq1935

As of the moment you cannot get in touch with one of our representatives but as soon as the line is available you can file a dispute or report this as a unauthorized charge with PayPal.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience. Please extend your patience and keep safe.

Thank you and take care.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.