Guarantee

longrangesniper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

How long are goods that are bought on Ebay Guarateed for that are bought and paid for with Paypal

Steve

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@longrangesniper

There are no 'guarantees' however you can open disputes for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described up to 180 days post payment.

But you would need to read up on that buyer protection in paypals user agreement as the coverage is not a 100% and you would need to risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

longrangesniper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kudos

The only problem is that when I go to Paypal Resolution centre to try and Report a problem it wont let me highlight the item it was purchased on the 18th of March 2018 I actually sent an email to this person back on the 31st of October and the seller said that they would forward me a replacement item which has never appeared.

When I try to raise the problem that the goods are faulty the page says What type of issue would you like to report? thereare only 2 choices

• I need to report unauthorised activity

Report suspicious activity, transactions and account changes you didn't authorise. NO GOOD TO ME

• I have a billing issue

Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or cancelled subscriptions. NO GOOD TO ME

• We'd like to hear from you. Share your thoughts on how the dispute filing experience can be improved.

And that is it nothing to do with faulty goods , how are you supposed to go forward from here  ? I only had the item coming up on 7 months ridiculous , can anyone suggest the way forward please

Regards

Steve

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@longrangesniper

1. My username is not kudos.

2. Did you read the first line of my above post, you have 180 days to open a dispute...........its way past that time.

You can only open an unauthorised one 'if' your account was hacked and used without your consent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.