cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

Highlighted

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

This is exactly what happened to me and Paypal ruled in favor of them.

Highlighted
Contributor

Pay pal ruled against me too even though I had pictures of what I ordered & what they sent!!!  Pay pal can really suck sometimes too!!

Highlighted

This is insane. I am the 172nd person scammed by this same company. 

My charge on the paypal account was to CMOLO CO. 

I had no idea I was purchasing from China.

Same story - they sent me a plain black flat iron. Said it was the one I ordered. Never even saw the flat iron on the ad. I have an excellent flat iron (Good Hair Day) and I don't need another. 

I've gotten the run around from the original company, offering a % off if I want to keep it. No I don't want to keep it, I could get a better one at the loca drug store. I've gotten the run around from Pay Pal... the company agreed to refund my entire amount of $33.89... so, great. I went to mail it, it was going to be over $50. Are you kidding me. The only thing Pay Pal says is "you can apply for $30 reimbursement and if we approve it, it will show up in your account in a few days." That is NOT protecting the customer. Punch me in the gut. 

I contacted my credit card company... I'm hoping they can do something. 

Why is this continuing? Why is Pay Pal allowing it?

Highlighted
New Community Member

It’s true! I ordered thru a FaceBook link which I’ve done many times before and received exactly what I thought I ordered but not this time. After waiting for weeks I was so excited to receive my curling iron. Well it’s not. It’s not even close to what they advertised. It’s a basic cheap flat iron. It’s not even a good one. I’m so angry with these scammers! The price of junk cost $30 dollars. They go be many names. The brand name on the iron is YUCHUN. On my paypal transaction the company is called CMOLO CO. When the iron arrived it was not packaged ver professional and there was no invoice or receipt. Just the iron in a box. Very strange. I can’t figure out how to rerun it because they virtually gave nothing to trace back to them. No order confirmation email. The only evidence of a purchase is my PayPal charge which doesn't match up to what I thought I ordered. Stay away from this company's products. Golden Iron is another name they use. I should have just bought the one I saw at CVS but decided to save $10 by ordering online. What a mistake with this one!
Highlighted
Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me when I ordered the curling iron in November 2019 and received it 6 weeks later; damaged and incorrect color (I don’t think the pink iron exists!) I’m now arguing with Paypal online to get a refund!, it’s February 2020...why hasn’t Paypal stopped supporting this SCAM???

Highlighted
Contributor

This is my opinion, I think it's about money. PayPal gets money for every transaction. So if we're buying from whomever, whether it's a scam it not, using PayPal they get money.
Highlighted
Contributor

^^^Agreed. Good point!
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi I got scammed as well from a Facebook post apparently the name of the company is CMOLO CO,waited over a month for the iron couldn’t get in touch with the idiots and when I received it,it was the wrong one
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes me also, they sent an ordinary flat iron saying I had ordered wrong one not the gold. Dispute with Cmolo.com, in dollars's from warhouse in UK. Paypal instructions were I had to return it to China at my cost, with tracking. So in total, my pocket - £13.00 + no product.
Highlighted

@Ziggylinz,

I recommend enrolling in the Return Shipping on Us program by visiting:  https://bit.ly/2SDvwFj

- Randy