Beware of scammers from Etsy

ginbel01
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I got scammed from seller from Etsy, name is Polevstore. I ordered a $433 worth of computer graphics card on Nov. 8. A couple of hours later I got the tracking number from Paypal. When I checked the fed ex tracking, it says I’m getting my item Nov. 9 at around 9 am, was surprised at how quick the shipment was. The following day it did not arrive. I obtained the details of the tracking online, it says it shipped Nov. 6 on the same city I live in. Unfortunately the tracking does not provide the street address. Right there and then I feel that the seller is a fraud. I contacted the seller twice by email and asked for the correct tracking but he/she never replied. I filed a dispute at Etsy, but they are uselesss, they closed my case saying that the seller is no longer allowed to sell at Etsy’s. I filed a dispute with Paypal to get my money back and they denied saying the seller provided a tracking and there’s proof that it shipped, even though I explained that I ordered two days before the item shipped. I called Fed ex to ask them if they can provide proof of delivery with the street address but they refused, saying I need to contact the shipper . Tried calling Paypal. back but customer service is horrible, can’t get ahild of a live person, I was beyonfd frustrated. I contacted them by messaging, they said that I need to provide them an ‘intranet form’ from fed ex to show the address where the item shipped

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

ginbel01
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody had the same experience where the seller provided the incorrect tracking so they can get paid? Was your case resolved in your favor? Provided Paypal screenshots of my invoice and tracking showing the date discrepancies but theses are not enough. And I just can’t believe some people are willing to steal other people’s hard earned money.

Login to Me Too

Fat_Old_Sun
Contributor
Contributor

I cant believe Paypal is helping them steal our money. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ginbel01 

You just need something from Fedex with DATE it shipped and that it was NOT delivered to your address and then........

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ginbel01
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your tips. fed-ex is not willing to give me a note that the tracking number is not related to my address.  i filed a dispute online. fed-ex sent me an auto reply email. that emailed showed the tracking number, the shipper's and recipient's names and addresses. it clearly showed that the recipient is not me and not my address. i sent a screenshot of the email to paypal (email shows it's from fedex) but is still not enough for them. they still say that i need to submit an intranet form and i have been going back and forth with them eversince. it is beyond frustrating. i now filed a claim with my bank.

Login to Me Too

Fat_Old_Sun
Contributor
Contributor

It is beyond frustrating. Neither Paylpal nor Fed Ex is willing to help and their policies are providing the defrauders the vehicle to steal our money. 

I wont use Etsy anymore and used to think Paypal was a good, secure way to pay, but not any more. 

I've spent many hours and stressed a lot on this and its not because I was scammed. Its because paylpal was so difficult to contact with the issue and that they immediately closed the case in favor of the defrauder. 

Should have been an easy solution. I never received what I bought. I paid for the item. 

Login to Me Too

Fat_Old_Sun
Contributor
Contributor

I see you bought a graphics card. I bought an electronic device that is sold out everywhere and the Etsy seller had it for less than retail. I knew it was probably a scam. Why are they selling it for less than retail? Why are they shipping Fed Ex. Why do they have no feedback. 

Etsy is not for electronics and they are also to blame for allowing 'handmade' electronic items to be sold on their market place. 

Lesson learned for me. Don't use Etsy unless the seller has feedback. 

Login to Me Too

juyan16
New Community Member

That's EXACTLY what happened to me. I tried to buy a 3090 gpu from a seller. I'd already sent him $300. The tracking information he gave me didn't have my physical address. So, the day of delivery, I got a notification from FedEx that my package just got delivered...Except it didn't.

I tried contacting the sellar and suddenly they're nowhere to be found. I pretty sure every graphic card listing on Etsy is a complete rip.

Login to Me Too

TheWalrus
Contributor
Contributor

Etsy is rampant with people trying to scam you.  Especially in the area of Bit Coin Miners, Mining Rigs and Graphics Cards.  These Etsy stores have 0 sales and 0 followers.  They use the same picture from other stores trying to scam.  I jumped in on some Antminers that are selling for 10% of the price they sell for on Amazon.  These stores also provide free shipping.  Luckily my purchases through paypal were still in the pending state so I removed all of my funds from my linked bank and credit cards.   

Bottom line if a product is not hand made and is selling for 1/10th of its actual value its is 10000% percent a scam.  

Etsy doesn't care about these stores.  Paypal will request confirmation of delivery which these scammers can fake.  So if you don't want to sit in the dispute queue trying to prove you never got the item in hopes in months you will be re-imbursed - DONT BUY!! 

Login to Me Too

Fat_Old_Sun
Contributor
Contributor

Its just unfortunate that Paypal or Fedex wont help. I got scammed out of $27. Cheap way to learn my lesson. Others will get scammed out of more.

I stopped doing it but I was reporting as many sellers that I could that had the same below SRP electronic items. 

Never buy anything without reviews of the seller. Free shipping is also a sign of something amiss. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.